__| Rack.Ears |__

Has anyone got official Rack Ears from Elektron for their Analog Four - the ones I see for sale are not vented and therefore block the passive ‘cooling’ vents at the side - i’m not convinced about how effective these are anyway, being so small & passive … anyway, from the manual … (and overlooking the 3 days of summer we get in Scotland)

" Do not block the ventilation holes located on the side and the bottom of the enclosure of the unit. Attaching rack ears is still possible because of increased general ventilation when the unit is rack mounted. "

I’d like to tilt mine up, almost in the manner it’d be ‘racked’ so i’m wondering if I can legitimately do this (by increasing ‘flow’ through the lower vents), and avoid drilling messy vents into the diy end-panels ?

basically duplicating this which I did for my OT >

i’d like an official green light on account of the ‘grey area’ ! anyone discuss this already with hq ?

2 Likes

shouldn’t be a problem, eit-1 truss has em blocked and nobody has had any issues

read somewhere that elektron said it was cool too

I have my A4 in one of these with the vents blocked. I was concerned as well but it has not been an issue so far. I’m in Southern California BTW. It’s 80 degrees in January! I do keep the studio pretty cool though.

I’ve been using the eit1 since day 1 without any concerns. As long as the unit is elevated, the bottom vents circulate more than enough air flow.

blimey - had to google EIT1 truss, that thing is awesome !! wow

i just need to tilt more than i need to transport

it’s no show stopper if i have to vent, i’d rather not though (aesthetics) because i’m really not concerned about heat at all, more worried about warranty stuff

thanks for all the feedback folks

Mine is on a £10 tiltable laptop stand.