Who else thinks constantly about downsizing but has a hard time to break up with beloved machines?

This! I’m seriously considering making one just because nobody else seems willing.

1 Like

Hell yeah. I cannot see this not happening at some point. It’s the one feature that makes me miss the OP-1 I sold a while ago.

3 Likes

It’s the one of the main features that makes me want an OP-1 :slight_smile:

Nope! I know who you’re talking about ;D

1 Like

My Op-1 should arrive tomorrow. I haven’t been this excited for a piece of gear to arrive in awhile!

With respects to a polyphonic sampler, what about that midi cable thingy, I can’t remember the name, it was brought up in 1 of the Digitakt threads… some sort of midi cable that allows you to play polyphonic… at least that’s what I thought it did.

This is what I’m referring to

K
Synths are like girlfriends…you propbably shouldnt marry the first girl you see. You need to date a few to work out what you want and what you dont and eventually it all settles into place… there will be some learning…some pain…some joy…

I had 20plus synths when i purchased my sub 37 and Digitakt…if i stopped at 20 my life would have been sh!t…they are the greatest bits of kit i have touched…

there are dimonds out there in the rough…you need to fosik to find them…the bits of gear that suit you best are probably not going to be the first things you aquire.

Its a quest and a journey and the destination is only a small fraction of what needs to be focused on.

Dive in follow your heart and see where it leads. (same with girlfriends)

2 Likes

I just was thinking off of a spare thread similar to this subject. I was listening to some of the stuff I made back in 2014/2015 when I had my A4/OT/MDUW setup

I was thinking- I should really get the band back together(reaquire the setup). This was erroneous thinking, I’m sad to say(fortunate that I realized it before going on a mad hunt for it though)

To something someone else said- the issue isn’t with the gear, it’s with me. I want to think that reaquiring the gear that I had when music was a salvation would make me feel that love all over again. The truth is- I don’t care about music anymore, and I really can’t afford to, either. Maybe it’s just a dry spell, maybe it’s just life.

1 Like

Creativity is not constant. This is a hard thing for many to accept. Being a creative individual is draining, sometimes we need to sit back and let the brain recharge.
Hope you get over the hump

9 Likes

I feel like this post by @AdamJay needs to be pasted to every gear lust thread.

4 Likes

The more the better. Less is not more. :panda:

If you have a desire to minimize and the gear you have is not rare or hard to obtain, get rid of it. You can always get the stuff again later.

5 Likes

I suffer badly with this! Since I decided a DAW wasn’t for me I’ve had everything from an MPC only and upwards. I take the view now of getting everything you want (or more accurately can afford) and then start using it. See what doesn’t get used much and get rid accordingly.
I haven’t really got to the last part though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @jefones I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

I am looking to sell my Microkorg, Moog Sub 37, and Korg Volca Beats. I get by fine with just my two Elektron boxes and Make Noise 0-coast for live events and the software stuff in my home studio. That would fund a small modular setup which I want to explore deeper as it has been a ton of fun exploring what just my Make Noise 0-coast can do.

Judging from your soundcloud, I can’t imagine this to be the truth :wink:
If so, the joy will come back sooner than later

1 Like

after a while of buying lots of gear , i’m taking a break from working and focusing on art and music
and figuring out what i like , dont like , does and doesn’t fit my work flow… which is why ive put a lot of things for sale recently.

avalon bassline , access virus , t-rezonator , engine , op-1 , behringer neutron , volca keys , microgranny , kastle , sherman filterbank , monotribe and more.

theyre all great bits of gear but i seem to return to digitakt , ableton live for making samples and gear that is hands on…
and i hope to keep a few things i dont need… i just know theyre good and i want to keep.

my Gas was driven by the idea that i needed to go for it , grab things while i could and try them out.
now its driven by what i like , using , and wanting to keep my bank balance healthy before i look for another job.

less things is also helping my head.
more sales to come , more music being made to higher quality.

Well, maybe downsizing helps some of you. In the late 90s i did that. Sold a Juno 106, Sh 101, MS 20, JD 800… for some korg stuff to have more channels…6-7 years later i just wanted to kill myself :slight_smile:

For now i focus on PRO2 as a main hub for my modular, a mpc, a rytm and my fender bass… sometimes a pro08, sometimes the OT… i dont need more to compose… all the rest is in my studio, so i can focus on dealing with this setup… its good to reduce myself to just a few instruments, cause only then in can really learn an get better. but selling? no way… i am a collector :-))

1 Like

Don’t suppose you have another Avalon to sell? :grin:

ha … nope.2 wouldve been excessive considering what they cost. 303 isnt my main type of sound either , ive got tt303.tb3,mb33 retro and abl3 plugins for that… which is still excessive.

i do regret selling an mc202 in the early 90’s , juno106 was too big … i think i got £350 for it in the 90’s too.
which is why i’m cautious on selling the stuff i really like , nord/matrix1000/oto biscuit/elektron gear.

who the hell would sell a sh101 ??? … ha…crazy. (i’d love one , already have system1 , system1m , sh01A and now a manther) … its all about the squiggly glide and sequencer from 808 state/guy called gerald era house music…

1 Like