What's next for Elektron?

My perception is not always be perfect :loopy: Caffeine can make me edgy, my bad…

Glad to hear it…:totes:

1 Like

No worries, mate! I know the feeling :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m tending to think that the way the Elektron website is organized has a some clues as to what’s to come. There will be more sound processors for sure. I wouldn’t think that they’d do just the AH and that’s it.

As far as more guitar pedals? Not sure. They’re trying this one out. I have to say, even though the Analog Drive isn’t something that interests me at the moment, I like their take on the concept.

Elektron do seem to be good at identifying where they can innovate and deliver a very unique but marketable product. To me, innovation isn’t always brand-new tech; it could also be a unique form factor and/or feature set that hasn’t been done before. I will say, for me, build quality is important which is one reason I tend to shy away from Roland gear but will consider Elektron and other companies with similar build quality. So if Elektron comes out with something that isn’t totally unique (likely) but has their ethos behind the feature set/form factor/quality, I’ll have a look just because I’m curious about these things.

I’m hopeful about an eventual OT2, but the OT as it is works for me. I consider 95% of its feature set to not be outdated at all. It still beats brand-new samplers currently on the market IMHO.

For the folks that are worried about the looper talk, I have a feeling Elektron will save that for an OT2. As an aside (then I’ll leave it alone), I think there is absolutely room for more innovation in looper technology. The Looperlative was headed this way, but was sadly discontinued. And yes, there’s heaps of room for innovation in looper performance technique :grin:

If the next thing is a synth, I’d love to see a hardware physical modeling synth with numerous synth engines for percussion as well as pitched synthesis. Another flagship machine, for sure.

1 Like

I could not agree more - many times over the past few months I have been tempted to buy one - but the hardware really is getting long in the tooth - with all respect to the advantages that limitations stimulate creativity / they have demonstrated an excellent workflow with a4/rytm and I would love to see their dynamic performer sampler updated

I don’t know what is next for Elektron, but I know what I’d be interested in buying from them: a digital beast that reimagines all the best parts of the MDUW/MNM/OT, with Overbridge (and analog filters if I’m dreaming), and some really next gen sequencing options. For the most part I’m still an Elektron fanboy, but I feel they’ve been turning into a different kind of company since somewhere into the development of the OT, and the Elektron that made me a fan was oriented in more of an “everything and the kitchen sink” approach to really versatile instruments; their M.O. has changed in the last 4-6 years or so towards more specialized products, and as good as they are I find their recent approach less inspiring than their previous aesthetics.

Elektron shines best when they are an alternative or expansion to computer based composition. Overbridge is a good step and I’d like to see it become solid enough to be an industry norm, but I would be unapologetically fiscally irresponsible if they put out a totally digital machine that was really designed to “do it all” with Overbridge.

6 Likes

I make that for fun with Photoshop…

2 Likes

I think the next product will be Cenk’s hands with Pfinger control, Overbridge to transfer interpretations and gestures.

Here a ‘old’ OT mkII

3 Likes

Dude I bloody love that idea!

I’d they want to continue along the lines of esoteric units, that aren’t music making devices, then this would fit in perfectly!!

So for no teaser from Elektron. Let’s hope they work on something big instead of things like the Analog Heat/Drive.

2 Likes

Right after they make a reverb version of the Heat, absolutely

There is still a beatboxer in the teaser that has no connection to the heat and the drive… the teaser was for a series of Products… it is time for a looper

4 Likes

the series thing is plausible AF

And the elektron violin.

1 Like

A4/AK expander with assignable cv ins + env follower!

There was a distortion on the violin

Maybe it had something to do with using the AH with the OT plugged in. IF any of the Elektron boxes need some loving from the Heat it would be the OT.

Most likely there will be a series of effect boxes, similar to the Analog Heat. Reverb, Delay and a Modulation box, all three with the same layout as the AH, 1 big knob for the various modes, for example with the Reverb box: plate, room, hall, tape etc, etc. I also expect the all have the same filter options, wet-dry, etc. and they all get a little baby brother quitar pedal like the Drive.
I am hoping for a multi fx box, so you will be able to run various types of fx at once, with various routing possibilities, multi inputs and it would be more fun if they add their sequencer to it also…
Can we expect something new at Namm? Or will it be the AH and Drive which get all the attention. Next box will be introduced at the Messe?

May be an elektron bass like tb303 elektron’s feeling.
I say that just because it lacks one in the dataline’s setup…
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Messe isn’t interesting anymore for synths later on 20-22 april Superbooth 17 Berlin thats the place to be.
Namm seems to be boring this year… check also the Sonicstate podcast to get the idea,

1 Like