Were you an Elektron-User?

the dreammer goes back to bulletinboard-times…
thats “pre-internet”-times hihi… dreammer has double m.
cause it started with “the dreammaster of destiny”…
sounded great… 2much typing :smiley:

1 Like

omg what did they do to you?

Whatchoo talking bout Willis?

1 Like

:point_left: :point_up: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

konputa at the e-u site but I didn’t post much. Why are you asking? What did I miss from @glaive and @dubathonic?

This thread: Glaive Live at MEMS 09-10-2005

Made me think about the old days a bit. Seems like a lifetime ago.

4 Likes

I was Hertzian Cone for a while - then Duncan (in a moment of clarity).

i was “subbz2k” on Elektron Users. Kept this name here on Elektronauts for a while, but changed it one day so it became inline with my Youtube Channel.

I was one of those “complainers” back at that time. It was the time i learned the Machines and had my struggles which i shared with the good old community who was always willing to help me out in spite of that :slight_smile: Long ago that was. Im browsing my old threads right now. Its like a walk in the past :blush:

1 Like

‘I have a very specific set of skills, so I can’t say…’

It has to be said I do miss the days of Nils and tiB

5 Likes

There are so many people I miss from that community, but I also made, and kept!, some good friends.

That’s why I was curious how many EU-ers were kicking around here. So far I recognize all of you. :blush:

Edit: except that old fart on the phone.

5 Likes

Pioneering times.

Using the machines in ways not considered.

Lfo Time stretching on the mduw

Karplus on the mnm

Reducing gain for clearer sound on Mnm

The first night of machines

The journey from haggis boy jock to lamond designs :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

hey papertiger! :slight_smile:
toxictobi here.

I was there lying low and lurking, much as I do here :slight_smile:

Says it all really …

I was a newbie in the latter days of the E-U forum, then known as Peter Hanes.

Here’s a roll call of Elektron-Users from the early days of the switch to Elektronauts:

1 Like

Thanks for linking to the thread. I had forgotten about it after posting in it five years ago. D’oh!

…a lot less people chiming in on this one. Wonder if that says anything about how many EU-ers might still be around…

1 Like

It was a nice place for sharing. I forget how long I was there (a year or two maybe). I remember clearly the fears of moving to this board. Some fears did materialize and some did not, as expected.

Yep. I occasionally landed there in those ‘pre-lift-off’ days. Still a great historical resource for monomachine and machinedrum techniques, and in retrospect, seemed to have a higher signal to noise ratio, though the search function was always a gamble.
Glad it didn’t fall through the cracks and was archived for prosperity.

I had the same username back then. I really liked the old forum, never really liked any of these new ones much, although I prefer this one to the last one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes