Waldorf Blofeld and Elektron gear

I´m using this synth since three years, but as more as i am sucked into the Elektron-World, the synth suffers from a shadowy existence.

When the A4 arrived last year, paired with the OT, the Sounds from the Blofeld won’t fit in. I can use the Blofeld as standalone-gear providing nasty digital soundscapes, but in the mix i always got the impression the synth occupied the whole frequency-spectrum even when the levels of this synth are quite low and using only one oscillator. At the moment it only acts as a fx-machine/provider for some really crazy sounds. I mangle them in the OT. This is what i do, but more … no way, maybe i’m gloating on some patches i’ve made

i recently came to the conclusion, that the mono-machine would fit far more better to the A4/OT, just because of the sound-aesthetics

the MNM, from the demos i’ve heard, is really capable of a whole mayhem of sounds and also pads (YES!!). But none of these sounds are obtrusive, maybe a little bit of the old computer-sound charme …

So here is the point: I’m not a fan of equipment, which is only used half of the time, and my relationship to blofeld is, although i like the sound, a more of a ‘hate/love’ kind. And recently i’ve got infected with the modular-bug :imp:

what do you think?

I find the Blofeld to be a very flexible and charismatic synth - my preferred VA for many sounds.

The presets Blo though and you, typically, hear people complain the the Blofeld is too thin :slight_smile:

The sound either appeals to you or it doesn’t though :slight_smile:

A new soundset for the Blofeld, which doesn’t require the Sample license.
Some patches, Meh! Others are nice though.

^That bass patch from Take My Breath Away caught me off guard :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :+1:

i kind of have a similar feeling about the Blofeld and actually was down the ‘i’ll sell it’ lane for a few times (especially lately with the A4 and AR out there…)
most of the times i reach for it when i don’t really feel like spending much time on the XT and although the Blofeld requires a little bit more of menu diving, it pays back at the end of the journey
i think it’s probably up to personal taste rather than just the synth itself. the Blofeld has a lot to offer, but if it’s sitting there doing nothing…well, i would probably let it go and focus on the new bug :wink:

edit: having said that…i really like the Blofeld and the fact that with such a tiny/cheap box you can come up with lots of different sounds (especially with the SL license)

My black Blokey hasn’t been powered up in months, but it’s not going anywhere. I’ll get back into it at some point. I’ve been too busy with a selected rig for a live set I’m working on.