Triggering same note reuses the same voice

I’ve just noticed that If I trigger the same note twice in a row, the DT reuses the same voice for the second note. In my case this means the release of the sound is being cut off and sounds rubbish! Is there any way to tell it to use a new voice? I’ve not really dug in to the voice allocation stuff.

1 Like

dont think so. would be good to get that feature…

1 Like

That’s a shame. Feels like a bug, not sure why you’d ever want to reuse the voice unless you had run out of voices.

1 Like

Whith a bit reduced attack you can get rid of the clicks though

1 Like

Yep, still cuts off the release though. Of course I can work around it, just seems a little odd :slight_smile:

Yeah according to Elektron this is intentional. I brought it up in the bugs thread and Simon said that having it the other way sounded ugly due to phasing issues. I’d prefer it the other way too, especially when using sound locks… maybe it’d be nice to have the option of turning it on/off per sound?

1 Like

Ah right, interesting! Would be nice if we could somehow force it with a trig condition or something

Hmm, it may be possible by saving the sound twice, with different octave shifts, and then using sound locks and compensating for the different octaves. But that obviously doesn’t work for live playing.

That’s a very creative idea!

This is an old topic but to set things current: the “reuse” parameter in the voicing screen addresses that nowadays right?

not the same thing, but have you tried to not regtrigger the envelope(s)?

edit: oops, really old topic.