Transferring samples really slow

for anything that uses samples I would gladly pay a little extra for the ability to use a card vs having to get a computer to plug into (the AR falls in this category)

heck, I would even prefer it on devices that don’t use samples i.e. the A4

in fact, if I want to dream a little, just give me an ethernet port on everything :slight_smile:

TURBO BREAKER! Sorry had to, sounds like a Mortal Kombat move.

Getting my AR tonight hopefully and I’ll be able to chime in on the sample transfer speeds.

I had the same issue and found out that the delay setting in C6 can make it really slow. Just set it to 0.

1 Like

thank you had the delay setting on 15 now 0 much much faster

1 Like

I only use my laptop to stock files, and backup projects
no mac, no ipad no strom , no DAW no ob

FFS I barely ever put new samples into the AR cos it’s such a pain in the ass,
and rarely backup either

Why oh why didnt they use the OT system?

Anyway sort it out, OB might be groundbreaking, but if I have to use some useless spectrum looking program
to transfer anything to my fancy .1.5k€ state of the art sampler it really pisses me off

Thankyou

Patience !
:smile:

3 Likes

I don’t understand why everyone hates on the Rytm’s sample transfer.

(1) Select destination on Rytm
(2) Open C6
(3) Drag samples into C6
(4) Press send

What’s so difficult?

3 Likes

Works fine for me too, but it is very slow. C6 is also fine for me as it works on all boxes, could do with an update though.

thank god! I missed this info

1 Like

C6 works for me just fine when i do 1 or 2 samples at a time, but when i wanna upload more than that, it’ll get through a few and then stop. cant tell you how many times I’ve set it up to move a bunch of samples only return 30 minutes later with the process stunted. it needs an update man, anyone who says otherwise is looney tunes

2 Likes

It’s incredibly slow, looks horrible, and 9/10 doesnt even work, I’m on windows 10, click on C6, it doesnt open,
finally get it to open, it recognises AR, but midi out error message,
try again, now no error, but wont recieve anything
and yes I checked AR settings, it’s not on OB mode

it just doesnt go with A4/AK/AR
It probably looked outdated when it was first released with the MD 10 years ago

Something is up on your Windows install/machine then, C6 works fine here on multiple machines on both Rytm and A4.

However, yes, it’s time to have something more functional. Especially as we cannot just access things like Rytm samples as mass storage.

1 Like

Do you highlight all the files? They all need to be highlighted.

yes, i highlight the files. it’ll transfer maybe 3, then nothing. C6 shows that’s it’s still working, but nothing is happening on the Rytm itself. so, in some cases, C6 shows that the task is complete but nothing was actually tansfered.

Who cares what C6 looks like, it looks like a piece of software that has no dedicated GUI, only using the barebones UI elements of the OS.

fwiw C6 has always worked OK for me. For sample transfers I use SDS Drop though.

1 Like

Could care less. It’s all about SDS Drop, man.

1 Like

https://blog.codinghorror.com/the-works-on-my-machine-certification-program/

:wink:

5 Likes

Well, since there are not really regularly reported problems like the OP is having your image macro is not much more than likes farming. :thup: :thup: :thup:

1 Like

Just a friendly joke, no offence intended. I just searched for “C6 problem” and “C6 rytm”, there are quite a few apparent issues that I can see but yeah, not so many outright incompatibility issues.

I personally haven’t encountered problems in my use of it either (Mac, TM-1, MM/MD, fwiw) but that doesn’t mean that other people are certainly to blame if they do. It doesn’t seem to be the most polished or robust piece of software. That’s all I was getting at.

Anyway, it’s being replaced for the purposes of AR sample management, so all good.

3 Likes

that happens when another program (live Ableton Live) has a hold on the Rytm device. Make sure no midi programs are open when you’re running C6 including any DAWs