Tomorrow : Octatrack is back?

Positive comment of the thread. Here’s to them expanding operations.

Overbridge is Elektron’s forthcoming feature for the Analog line that adds digital outputs per channel via USB, so you can track directly to a DAW even without an audio interface.

It would be useful to have it on the OT because, while there are eight stereo channels, there are only 2 stereo outputs. If you use many tracks on the OT and want to mix down and process in a DAW, you’re forced to record each track individually (time consuming) and you have to manually repeat the same crossfader performance (which can be a problem for some setups).

I’m sure that not EVERYONE needs this, but it seems pretty useful for anyone who wants to record their Octatrack.[/quote]
If anyone wonders about the max of channels on USB 2.0 port? The Apogee Symphony can run up te 16 channels of I/O at sample rates up to 96kHz!

Its embarrassing tbh. People going completely apeshit over integration with software that hasn’t actually been written or released yet.

Its embarrassing tbh. People going completely apeshit over integration with software that hasn’t actually been written or released yet.[/quote]
Folks where just speculating what it could be from the video they where shown and everyone’s got an opinion. No harm done (aside from a few over feisty posts out of the many) that ideas been put to bed now so we can all carry on with our lives.

Please don’t be embarrassed.

Its just marketing guys

Overbridge is a fancy name for vst-like integration. Nothing special.
Must say, elektron is a master in marketing. It’s just like apple, lots of people turn into believers and dont really see what’s actually happening.

(but DAMN I want a RYTM :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

OMG encoders that glow. How come they didn’t advertise this? So good for rave. So good for low-light situation!

For multi-tracking I use the resampling capabilities of the OT…

Set each track recorder to its own internal track (T1, T2, T3…)
Set the recording length to the length of your pattern (for instance 64 steps)
Add a one-shot recording trigger on each track.
I have a standard session with the first 16 patterns setup like this, and I use it as a template to bounce all tracks.

Now, if you want to bounce down all tracks of a pattern in one go, hit YES to activate all the recorder trigs and play your pattern. The recorders capture all eight tracks, including fader movements.

Then open the recorder window of one track and hit function+edit.
Choose save all recorder buffers and save all seperate tracks to the CF card.

Anyone else doing it like this?

Yeah, I noticed that while taking the pic. I think it has something to do with the highly radioactive nucleus inside the machine.

Speaking of which, my cats have suddenly dropped their fur, and there is a strange red moldy growth on my studio walls…

Hi Sebastian, nice to see people using full capabilities when it comes to an 8tracks sampler! =)
You should copy your post on the Tips and Tricks thread…!
One question:
I used this technique for a mess-jam juggling of the 8 Recorders.
But I noticed some artifacts on some Recorders (at least a poor audio quality)…
Have you ever experienced something similar?

***If your answer is NO…that’s all good, because it could mean: OPERATOR ERROR !! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No problems until now… but haven’t been using this setup for very long.
I set the recorders to 24-bit, maybe that helps.

I forgot the last step which would be to import the tracks to a DAW for mixdown :joy:

Well then, it’s the same paint as usual. I’ve got my OT since a year and a half, and it’s that kind of paint.

@Tintao
Strange, my previous one (which I bought new last summer) had a much rougher paint job. Very grainy and industrial. Oh well…

Been checking out your music on YT for some time now btw; very impressive!

Maybe i’m wrong then. Hard to see on the picture. Mine’s got also grainy industrial. But looking at your picture i thought i was the same.

Yeah, the pics aren’t perfect. IRL there is a big difference between the two. I’d say the finish is now much closer to that of the analog machines than to the previous finish of the OT.

Anyway, it doesn’t really matter for the subject of the thread anymore.

wrong, mk 1 MnM no draw wave machine or import

An MK2 model would risk alienating long-standing customers? That’s a bogus argument because it is simply not true! Apple is also a company that produces products that don’t diminish value by introducing an enhanced product. Look at all of the customers fighting to become the first new-model iPhone buyers. Look at the high second-hand price levels of older iPhone models as compared to second-hand older Android phones.

If Elektron would announce that “next quarter” (at any point in time) a new model would come out, of course demand for the old model would instantly drop without a serious lowering of pricing levels, because people would then postpone their buy. That’s why old-model cars for example are stuffed with free accessoires once a new forthcoming model is announced. And that’s why Elektron is smart enough not to advertize a forthcoming MK2-model of any sort in advance.

However, the OT has been out of stock for about a year now. Therefore not one single OT-buyer could have feel fooled by Elektron buying the old model (“MK1”) if today would be the release date of the MK2 model!

You’re not seriously suggesting that an MK2 model would righteously upset any Octatrack owner that bought an old model’s hardware over one to four years ago, are you???

I own several 27" iMacs, plus Thunderbolt Displays for the MacBook Pro. Last Friday Apple announced a brand new 27" Retina iMac at a 5k screen resolution having 77% more pixels than a UHDTV.
To me, that’s cool, I want one! But it sure doesn’t upset me because I own regular iMacs! And neither would an MK2 version of the Octatrack!

I bought an Octatrack in 2011 through retail. And I would immediately buy an MK2 version that supports Overbridge, even when Overbridge has not been released yet. If I wouldn’t have enough cash to own two Octatracks I’d sell the MK1 model at a reasonable price second-hand to free up funds for the MK2. And if I would have enough cash at hand, I’d still buy the MK2 and keep the MK1 because it would be useful as a live performance/DJ-tool , and I could always load a saved MK1-project into the MK2-device for bouncing down individual tracks on a DAW.[/quote]
lol right using apple as a model,
btw there were new OTs available in some shops for quite awhile after the no stock appeared on the Elektron site, so the 1 year thing
holds very little water
I would say if elektron were to operate like apple they’d be far less popular than they are today,
say if there were 6 MD models, 4 MnM, 2 OTs, sure there’d be people buying them but there would be a huge amount of disgruntled
users who would not buy again and many more on the s’h market diluting new sales
apple have maintained the BS hype that fools many a fool (joe public) into the constant upgrade path
not that they are rubbish products but the incremental upgrades are just to obvious
wouldn’t work with the more tech literate electronic musician

An MK2 model would risk alienating long-standing customers? That’s a bogus argument because it is simply not true! Apple is also a company that produces products that don’t diminish value by introducing an enhanced product. Look at all of the customers fighting to become the first new-model iPhone buyers. Look at the high second-hand price levels of older iPhone models as compared to second-hand older Android phones.

If Elektron would announce that “next quarter” (at any point in time) a new model would come out, of course demand for the old model would instantly drop without a serious lowering of pricing levels, because people would then postpone their buy. That’s why old-model cars for example are stuffed with free accessoires once a new forthcoming model is announced. And that’s why Elektron is smart enough not to advertize a forthcoming MK2-model of any sort in advance.

However, the OT has been out of stock for about a year now. Therefore not one single OT-buyer could have feel fooled by Elektron buying the old model (“MK1”) if today would be the release date of the MK2 model!

You’re not seriously suggesting that an MK2 model would righteously upset any Octatrack owner that bought an old model’s hardware over one to four years ago, are you???

I own several 27" iMacs, plus Thunderbolt Displays for the MacBook Pro. Last Friday Apple announced a brand new 27" Retina iMac at a 5k screen resolution having 77% more pixels than a UHDTV.
To me, that’s cool, I want one! But it sure doesn’t upset me because I own regular iMacs! And neither would an MK2 version of the Octatrack!

I bought an Octatrack in 2011 through retail. And I would immediately buy an MK2 version that supports Overbridge, even when Overbridge has not been released yet. If I wouldn’t have enough cash to own two Octatracks I’d sell the MK1 model at a reasonable price second-hand to free up funds for the MK2. And if I would have enough cash at hand, I’d still buy the MK2 and keep the MK1 because it would be useful as a live performance/DJ-tool , and I could always load a saved MK1-project into the MK2-device for bouncing down individual tracks on a DAW.[/quote]
lol right using apple as a model,
btw there were new OTs available in some shops for quite awhile after the no stock appeared on the Elektron site, so the 1 year thing
holds very little water
I would say if elektron were to operate like apple they’d be far less popular than they are today,
say if there were 6 MD models, 4 MnM, 2 OTs, sure there’d be people buying them but there would be a huge amount of disgruntled
users who would not buy again and many more on the s’h market diluting new sales
apple have maintained the BS hype that fools many a fool (joe public) into the constant upgrade path
not that they are rubbish products but the incremental upgrades are just to obvious
wouldn’t work with the more tech literate electronic musician
[/quote]
The worst thing about Apple’s approach is that they render older iterations of hardware obsolete by forcing pointlessly more-demanding operating system updates on you.

LOL !

it’s simple:
elektron changes the politics and buisness and we (users) change also![/quote]
Ahem… please speak only for yourself. I disagree 100%.

Edit: Would anyone who likes whining and moaning about the OT being so bad please just go sell your machine, you’ll get good money second hand from someone who will actually appreciate it for what it is, and then use the money to buy something else and leave those of us who do like it alone to enjoy it. Thanks!![/quote]
Climb down off Elektron’s dick for just a moment and try to see things from the other side. Some people don’t have a shit ton of disposable income. They’ve worked really hard, and saved up little by little to afford this “luxury” piece of kit. They are allowed to express their grief or disappointment just as much as you are allowed to express your joy. We’ve all paid the price of admission. This thing can be used in so many different ways! You might get by using it the way you do, but people using it another way might be having serious issues that you’ll never come across. If you are doing average shit with it, you probably are not experiencing issues. Cool! Have fun! Should the people who are having problems just kick back and suck it up because their money is not as good as your money? How do we get to the point where are our grievances are as important as yours? Will you kindly let us know when it’s ok for our issues to be heard so we don’t disrupt your internet time? [/quote]
Hehe, I’ll take that as a no then :joy:

Life is too short, get a grip, get some help for your anger issues.

I’ll try again… I beg you, please, please go and find another instrument that makes you happy!

You’ll feel so much better for it than carrying around all this rage - I promise :joy:

EDIT: On a more practical level, perhaps if everyone just agreed that grievance threads are clearly entitled as such and all other threads are left alone instead of being hijacked at every opportunity so they read like the typesetter for a magazine thought it would be a good idea to put the agony aunt column on every page?[/quote]
Hah! Disagreeing with you = rage/anger issues?! HAHAH!!! That’s cute. I wish I felt myself so important!

it’s simple:
elektron changes the politics and buisness and we (users) change also![/quote]
Ahem… please speak only for yourself. I disagree 100%.

Edit: Would anyone who likes whining and moaning about the OT being so bad please just go sell your machine, you’ll get good money second hand from someone who will actually appreciate it for what it is, and then use the money to buy something else and leave those of us who do like it alone to enjoy it. Thanks!![/quote]
Climb down off Elektron’s dick for just a moment and try to see things from the other side. Some people don’t have a shit ton of disposable income. They’ve worked really hard, and saved up little by little to afford this “luxury” piece of kit. They are allowed to express their grief or disappointment just as much as you are allowed to express your joy. We’ve all paid the price of admission. This thing can be used in so many different ways! You might get by using it the way you do, but people using it another way might be having serious issues that you’ll never come across. If you are doing average shit with it, you probably are not experiencing issues. Cool! Have fun! Should the people who are having problems just kick back and suck it up because their money is not as good as your money? How do we get to the point where are our grievances are as important as yours? Will you kindly let us know when it’s ok for our issues to be heard so we don’t disrupt your internet time? [/quote]
Hehe, I’ll take that as a no then :joy:

Life is too short, get a grip, get some help for your anger issues.

I’ll try again… I beg you, please, please go and find another instrument that makes you happy!

You’ll feel so much better for it than carrying around all this rage - I promise :joy:

EDIT: On a more practical level, perhaps if everyone just agreed that grievance threads are clearly entitled as such and all other threads are left alone instead of being hijacked at every opportunity so they read like the typesetter for a magazine thought it would be a good idea to put the agony aunt column on every page?[/quote]
Hah! Disagreeing with you = rage/anger issues?! HAHAH!!! That’s cute. I wish I felt myself so important! [/quote]
It’s you that’s coming out with the repulsive homophobic anger insulting shit… not me!!!
Please stop harassing me! Any further attacks will be reported![/quote]
“Homophobic” ?!?!? What and literal fuck are you talking about!? Report away, weird ass. You tend to be very insulting in your own right. Like you are on some high horse looking down upon the peasants. I disagree with you and you say I have anger/rage issues. I call you out on that and now I’m “homophobic”? You really, really , really have zero idea who I am. I may not be a “friend of Dorothy” but I’m definitely down with Dorothy’s friends and have worked hard since I was in middle school for equal rights and treatment of LGBT people. So if me telling you to climb down of Elektron’s dick comes off as some homophobic statement, then you might want to turn the mirror on yourself and come to terms with some of your own shit. I don’t even know if you are male or female so how could I comment on your sexuality?!

Anyways you are obviously missing the point of any of this. You like to chime on how everything is perfect with your OT and that anyone that wants more out of it should just sell it because it bothers you to have to read a grievance one may have. I will continue to chime in to hold Elektron to task as a paying customer that has owned everything they’ve put out save the Sidstation as I believe them to be better than what they’ve been doing lately and judging by some comments from Elektron people on here, they know and believe that as well.

I love my Octatrack. I use it everyday as the centerpiece of my set up. It’s not perfect. I would like it be perfect. I would like it to be the most awesome kit made in the last 2 decades. I will continue to poke at Elektron regardless of your feelings. I’m sorry. Maybe there is a way to filter the forums so you only see nice things. I get it. Negative stuff can get you down if you are a highly sensitive type. I’ll do better not to reply to anything you are posting about lest I have something happy to add and providing I remember who you are come 30 minutes from now.

I’m gonna go back to “gay bashing” Elektron users now.

-b