Tips for parts and pattern sequencing with OT?

FIRST Trig Condition is what i needed! Works perfectly. Thank you so much! :smiley:

3 Likes

This. I never use parts. It’s still the same pattern so how fun is it to have the exact same pattern going, with just different samples…?

I usually structure my live sets around one song per bank. I don’t play more than around one and a half hour and 16 songs is usually way more than enough for that

Everyone uses parts, there’s always one active… :smile:

The best/easiest use of parts is simply to link a new one to another pattern, switching parts in one pattern is much more advanced and tricky to program the part/pattern and the timing of the part switch for a desired outcome, but next level stuff can be done…

If anyone is only using one part per bank, if your not filling up all the banks patterns might as well assign some of the patterns to another part or several… For example if your using part 1 for patterns 1-8 and then switching to a new bank, assigning part 2 to patterns 9-16 would get you the same results as switching to the next bank(new part, new patterns), but you’ll save space by being in the same bank…

3 Likes

You got fired ? :smile:

Yep. But we noticed a bug with PUMs and scenes plocks.
Surprisingly, changing from Bank 1 / patt 1 / part 1 to Bank 2 / patt 1 / part 1 doesn’t work properly.
It works with Bank 2 / patt 1 / part 2. :sketchy:

A part change even between banks can be usefull in that case.

1 Like

sezare56 rocks up with the sensational iinformational!

1 Like

Apparently Pickups are automatically triggered if you change Part. How to call it ? A no trig trigger ? A Trigghost ? :smile:
With bank change, parts should be different but you may need to change part if you use Pickups.

I work very similarly to you @Open_Mike. A looping live strings, voice with sequences workflow. I can get a lot of mileage out of one pattern/part jamming this way. I love both thoroughly composed pieces and completely improvised stuff, and luckily, the OT can do both. Like @JuanSOLO, it helped me get to grips easier by not using parts initially (staying on part 1),. Now, I always use them, though not all four all the time. I’ve ran into needing to sample lock to mimic the change I would have accomplished with a fifth part, but I think it’s a solution I’m happy with. One bank equals a “song”, and I tend to keep it a single pattern to a part. So many ways to configure this machine! :aw:

2 Likes

For simplicity, I was just saying if anyone is using only one part per bank and not using all the banks patterns, might as well use the rest of the patterns and assign them to a different part or parts, instead of switching banks, to utilize space…

I was trying to recommend how to save space and use/utilize the parts within a bank, the intricacies/issues of what happens when you do switch banks is very useful and appreciated but not what I was getting at and may lead to more confusion for folks at this stage… :smile_cat:

For sure. :slight_smile:
Ot is love and confusion anyway.
I usually used bank changes for part changes before. Have to think twice now.

2 Likes

for some reason, sometimes it just doesnt play. I put on the arranger to jump from A01 to B01 to C01 then D01… and then C01 just doesnt play when it gets there, but then D01 plays when it gets to it. That would be a nightmare in a LIVE situation… any ideas why this would happen? Could it be because I am using the CF card that came with the OT?

has anyone had this experience? Where some Rows just dont play sound even though nothing is muted?

The CF card can be left out of consideration imo, as it plays fine on the other patterns.
Check your pattern lenght settings on the pattern that plays before the issue, so B01.
And pls check what happens when you manually chain the patterns when not on arranger mode. Is it the same behaviour?

1 Like

The arrows go to C01 and everything looks normal, but no sound. If I manually press “Yes+PLAY”, the row plays normally.

I will check pattern length settings and also try manually chaining (never done that before)

Thank you.

Maybe @sezare56 or @Open_Mike could chime in, not at OT atm and I’m pretty sure it’s just a simple setting of the pattern that is wrong.

1 Like

Me neither. Bookmarked.

1 Like

Do you have any scenes set in the arranger? I was just messing with arranger scenes and the last active scene remains active until you set up another scene change in the arranger… just a thought.

4 Likes

This machine is soooo or at least can be so complex, eliminating one thing after the other sometimes takes a while. But when you are into it after years, it get’s better :grin:

1 Like

could also try making another Song in Arranger then check if the behaviour is the same.

1 Like

I checked Pattern Length settings, it’s the same for all of them, so I don’t think it is that, also I tried creating a new project like @previewlounge said and got the same behaviour.

@frankie138 , no scenes are set for anything at this point.

Strangely, the only solution I found for now, is to put an unused (empty) pattern at 300 bpm, and at 2/16 (2x) … (the shortest and fastest possible), in between the Banks B01 and C01, and that allows C01 to play normally. It’s like I am tricking the arranger… it seems like a bug, no?

2 Likes

I still think (no offend, been there a thousand times)
it might be user error. Please file a ticket and share the outcome back here. I’d really like to know what it is.

3 Likes