The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

I know, but I was talking about physical outputs :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
  1. individual track speed multipliers. being able to have one track doing really lengthy chord progressions while still having 16th note resolution on the other tracks would be invaluable. using trig conditions & microtiming as a workaround is very limited in this area.

2. Master compressor.

3. profit.

15 Likes

Could we get the feedback of “master” elektron user on this matter? People who had the chance to test and play with the DT and who were used to the traditionnal Elektron workflow scheme. What do they think? Is there a workaround?

@Dataline, @cuckoomusic, @CarlMikaelBjork… please let us know.

Thanks!

1 Like

What question are you referring to?

Note scales for the chromatic mode. You could fit two octaves on the 16 keys and it would make playing a lot easier.

22 Likes

Oh sorry. I don’t know if I posted in the wrong thread or if my message has been moved… Anyway my question was regarding the new kit per pattern structure. As questioned in this thread:

You can answer there if you want to share your feedback. It will be more pertinent in the appropriate thread. Thanks.

Mods: if you could move my message too please.

2 Likes

More filters types. Btw, does anyone else think the filter type selector is difficult to adjust, especially for only three types.

Fx on master. Pattern transfer on software so we can transfer/copy patterns and sounds between projects

More later :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Hmm, three filter types? So far, I’ve only found LP, HP and “Off”. Am I missing something here? Bandpass, notch and comb would be great.

10 Likes

Digitakt 2…not to early for this request?

:heat:

6 Likes

sampling to RAM (and option to save to +drive from there).
everything is quick, but if you want to use a fresh sample, first you gotta talk to the manager, who sends you to another floor, wait in queue, fill out a form…

The good thing is, it kind of pushes you to collect samples… but would be great to quickly try out a sample in a sequence, and save only if you want to keep it.

also, sampling triggered by sequencer.

13 Likes
  1. Saving pattern chains
  2. Slice/Time stretch
  3. Anything that would enable better integration of instruments like guitar/bass (easier recording options, looper, etc)
  4. A feature that combines conditional trigs with micro timing to further humanize grooves (have stuff like drum hits come in very slightly off beat at a certain probability)
  5. Effects on audio through if that’s technically possible.

*PS: This is just a wishlist.

**Edited to remove rant because I really don’t like arguing on the internet.

14 Likes

Sorry, technically two.

I think time stretch is out of the question but an input machine would be perfect.

4 Likes

Song mode or at the very least pattern chains that can be saved.

10 Likes

I would LOVE DT to be better than OT. I’d buy it instantly. Makes no sense for Elektron tho. And no scene fader is a big deal. I bitched hard on here about DT missing slice/timestrech/polyphonic tracks etc and was told by most to just accept it for what it is and just not buy it…
99% sure they won’t add that stuff to DT while OT is still in production. Budget box = comparatively budget features… Would love to be proven wrong tho… Or see some totally new stuff added to DT.

1 Like

Or make people unable to resist buying the next ‘big’ box Elektron make, which does everything people are asking for…

Y’all ALREADY bought DT based on what it does at launch. Elektron haven’t forced you to :wink: You could hardly justify ‘shying’ away from Elektron in future due to having bought something that doesn’t do stuff that it never said it did…

Most obvious business plan for Elektron would be to make you feel you need to buy something ELSE (more expensive) near future too and at the same time get the people like myself (happy with OT for now but calling hard for OT2) onboard to buy that too… They’re proving pretty shrewd with this kind of stuff :confused:

4 Likes

Lol. Nah you’d forgive and forget :wink:

You sound like me when I bought my OT and realised I’d actually love it to have Polyphonic track options afterall. I was calling it ‘long in the tooth’ etc like you too… That feature never came. In fact there are a TON of OT feature requests that never came. But turns out that despite being long in the tooth and missing that stuff, its still the deepest/weirdest sampler out there and I’d still buy an OT2 :wink:

Humans are instantly fickle/forgiving about what they have when something new that ticks boxes appears :wink:

1 Like

I’ve heard that, in a future OS update the DT will spawn a cross fader and enable scenes :smiley:

4 Likes

Rad future :slight_smile: Autobot tech. Clever swedes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“When updating your DT to OS 1.2 please kindly ask anyone named John Conner to leave the room to avoid any…interferences…”

4 Likes