The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

When I talked to Simon at the Superbooth last year and asked him for a songmode he said: “most likely no” BUT he promised that they’ll implement a REALLY complicated pattern chain mode where you can add, remove and shift patterns around. He said it will be as good as a song mode.
Well, several months later it is not even possible to save the chain but I honestly hope Elektron sticks to what they promised literally!

1 Like

in one of the YouTube videos talking to Simon it was mentioned, they doubled the processing power in the Digitone. No clue which one it was unfortunately, but can confirm it’s out there somewhere

…later someone explains that no more features can be added because of that half processing power…

circle.

Oh wow, yet only 4 tracks… Must be a hungry little monster that Digitone!

:fearful:

Was this mystery solved? This is the first I’ve heard of this as well.

It is solved. Mentioned in a video by Simon.

Apparently they have added/doubled the processing power in the Digitone. Surprisingly at no extra cost because both boxes cost exactly the same :sunglasses:

1 Like

More bizarre that Digitakt didn’t at least have this to begin with.
Digitone is only 8 voice and 100% digital, far from a dsp powerhouse itself.
I think the limiting factor may be USB bandwidth.
How many voices can they theoretically stream through that connection via OB :thinking:

People will compare the stars to goat urine, if its going to give them an excuse to complain.

4 Likes

Cool for the Digitone. I hope that there’s enough power under the hood on the DT to get everything working properly. :-/

1 Like

I refuse to believe they’ve painted themselves into a corner like that. Besides, several of the requested features shouldn’t be very CPU hungry.

Product designer at NAMM said they doubled the processing chip from the Digitakt

In one of the namm videos Cenk hinted that the DT might be getting audio through like the DN. This would be super useful as it would mean you could have a couple of boxes permanently plugged into the DT inputs for playing as well as sampling, without the need for an extra mixer.

So yeah, audio through please!

6 Likes

could you point me (us) to this, please? thanx a lot

feature request, from Digitone manual:

LAYER Makes it possible to trig two or more tracks with the same note from the sequencer or the key- board. For example, if you on track 1 set LAYER to a ect track 2 then every note you play on track 1 also plays on track 2, e ectively playing two Sounds at the same time. Tracks that are layered to the active track have lled squares in the parameter representation on the screen.

would be cool in Digitakt too i guess

2 Likes

Yeah I saw the video too. So for the same money as a Digitakt you can get a box with twice the processing power. Makes me wonder why the Digitakt didn’t get more power as well. Makes for easier expansion later on unless they need a reason to say expansions not possible due to processing power limitations.

Probably because it didn’t need it? Sampling is less processor-intensive than synthesis. Also re price keep in mind that the DT has hardware that the DN doesn’t, like larger RAM.

7 Likes

That’s true, good point! I hope it doesn’t need it. Would be a big bummer if we can’t get the Digitone filters or other stuff due to lack punch.

That’s pretty cool stuff. You can sort of do this with neighbour conditions I think. Not the same but might get you close-ish.

1 Like

Please increase the 128 samples per project limit if possible. Bumping it up to 256 would be nice!

4 Likes

More than anything I hope they enable stereo monitoring before I get my DN(by like 02/26)- don’t even really need the send FX on the incoming channel- just want to sample the DN on it without having to change my audio configuration

Thanks

1 Like