The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Hi! I have a Digitakt since September and am mostly satisfied with it.
There are lots of cool suggestions and requests, but the thing I ask for the most is the ability to
switch the patterns instantly.

Without that, even with a 2 step ch. length, using the Digitakt in a dawless rig (without any options to set a track delay that I know of) switching the “scenes” in time with Program Change is an annoying game of hit and miss.

P.S.
multiple conditions per trig, master compressor and a second LFO would be great as well
:sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Copy / Paste playing pattern to new location without having to wait for the pattern to change.

2 Likes

I’d really like to see…

Scales (and root note) added to Chromatic mode

Direct/instant pattern change when receiving a program change

Zoom in the Waveform Editor

Thanks
Alex

3 Likes

I haven’t played much with my Digitakt yet as I’m waiting for Overbridge so I can turn my DAW into some kind of Frankenstein. However, the features I would need the most are:

• Time Stretching.
  • Ability to load and swap samples into the Digitakt direct from the DAW. Being able to browse my Ableton folders via the Digitakt would be awesome, but simply loading the samples into a channel directly from Overbridge would also be very cool.
  • Band-pass and notch filter types. The notch filter is an important sound design tool for me.
  • PerTrack EQ. Not as important for me as I can do this in the DAW, but for people who use this machine live this is a must.
3 Likes

I’ve had the Digitakt for a month and I am very happy with it - even more than I thought I’d be, in fact! I know that it’s not possible to add features where there is no space for another control. But there’s a few places where we could have more options and it’s easily doable.

• More filter types: band pass and notch are a must, other ones like comb would be super awesome
  • FWD-REV and FWD-REV LOOP sample playback modes
  • Retrigs on MIDI tracks
  • Save pattern chain as part of a project
2 Likes

All for saving chains but we were promised something better than just saving chains. A viable alternative for Elektron’s song mode, which is hard to imagine. Why not just give us the Elektron song mode?

Which is awesome and highly underrated. Want to jump to bar 3 of a pattern? You can. Program mutes? You can. And much more. I would love to get the standard Elektron song mode on the Digitakt.

3 Likes

A way to copy paste the project ram page would be pretty handy for when you run out of patterns.
Not so much a request for this machine but more fill options would be cool, either using more buttons to trigger different fills or something with a single button layout that would allow you to seperate fills into groups.

An arpeggiator would be awesome. I would like to play samples (in the chromatic mode) as an arpeggio. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Please allow us to toggle solo from the machine itself. It is very, very annoying to find out weirdness is caused by channels being in solo mode after using a controller. We should be able to see and toggle solo from the machine itself.

1 Like

Overbridge!

3 Likes

I was looking for solo and assumed it was there somewhere but I just hadn’t found it yet LOL

1 Like

Would love to see this become a reality.

6 Likes

Agreed

I want to set the pattern change mode from SEQUENTIAL to DIRECT JUMP so i can sync it as a slave to my AR or A4 and use the song mode on one of those devices to trigger patterns on the DT pleeeeeaaaaaseee!!!

3 Likes

My request is that elektron dev work on thé thing they promise before thé end of thé last year instead of pushing new thing out which Will reqjire even more effort to fix, taking us for idiots

1 Like

What apparently we are if we see all thé " i buy it now" comment, forgiving how we are played…:sob:

Something I’d love to see on the Digitakt is all of the engineers who have been working on the Digitone :smiley:

10 Likes

What i mean

I would like to see the possibilityy to transfer samples made on DT to AR MK1/2 if they are connected via usb. No need of the middle man called computer.

1 Like

Song mode, obviously.
Also, a warning when you’re removing from the project library a sample that’s currently in use by a pattern (or better, a function to clean up unused samples from a project).

3 Likes