Strange problem with some keys on Analog Keys

On the Ak you have a dedicated button for multi map playing

1 Like

There is a Analog Rytm going Midi In. Do i have to chance a setting?

I would switch it off or unplug it, to find out where the problem is (Hardware, sound settings, midi controller…).

1 Like

Yep! First time in troubleshooting is isolating the problem. Though unlikely the issue, maybe it’s an issue with octave and filter settings? I know the A4 defaults to high pass on a new patch, maybe the sound is beyond what is allowed to pass through the filter? Maybe try upping the octave and see if you can hear the sound

There was another thread about this - I forget what it was titled. I have the same symptoms/problem. After about the 10 seconds of key banging the left keys start working again. I think it’s hardware issue. Ive never used multimap mode.

that?

3 Likes

Yes, thats it.

I should add - Lately I’ve been using my AK as a midi controller/cv-module and skipping the internal sound (sad I know.) I can say with certainty this is not the case of the oscillators/filters acting up - it’s something that also happens in midi mode.

Have you tried a factory reset?

Does it get better when you play longer, or does this happen randomly? I guess it’s time for a support ticket anyway.

I watched the video in the other thread. When he hits the keys - Also the little leds are not blinking. Looks like bad contact, loose ribbon cable or like something only the good people from Sweden will know what to do.
I myself would hit the failing keys honky donk piano style for a while - that’s good against anger and desperation and maybe something loosens up… good luck

I concur. Seems like a minor connection issue. Also I do start banging the keys and the set starts to work again, all at once, after about 5-10 seconds.

Edit; seems totally random to me.

Hi! I’m bumping this as I have the same problem. Did anyone find a solution? I submitted a support ticket. It’s just so unpredictable! Sometimes those keys will work after 5 minutes, sometimes they’ll work after I bang on them, or tilt or jiggle the synth. But, we need to rely on these keys working every time! I was hoping to take this on tour with me in April but I’m hesitant to trust it on the road!

Just out of interest, can you tell me it’s production date. Should be on the serial number sticker.

I’m trying to sell mine, and was asked by the buyer if I had this issue too; which I don’t.

07-2014
I’d be interested if others with this issue have similar manufacturing dates

They got back to me and said I would have to replace the keybed and since it is out of warranty I would have to pay for repairs, which would be $50 per 30 mins, plus $88 for the keybed, plus the shipping costs.

1 Like

Man, that’s steep for fixing a hardware fault that shouldn’t have occurred in the first place…

1 Like

They said that it’s been “only a handful” of people who have had this issue, so I’d be curious to get a head count of how many units were faulty and what the manufacturing date is on them.

did they give you the option of just purchasing the keybed? I would imagine it’s not super difficult to swap them; though I’ve never opened mine up, so I could be wrong…

I wrote them back to ask that. I think it would be so counterproductive to ship it back and forth. As long as there’s not a whole bunch of soldering, I think I could handle fixing it myself if they could give a little bit of instruction.