Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

For pretty much everybody here in this thread, the promise of Overbridge was WHY we bought the product. Full stop.

6 Likes

We all use these boxes differently … If you’re jamming live on the box and you want to add effects on each track, remix etc. It’s impossible without OB

Exactly, I chose DT over other products BECAUSE of OB.

That’s not to say that it’s pointless without OB - but I wanted the OB functionality and paid for DT based on it!

11 months on… no OB.

4 Likes

I didn’t try it yet with A4 (bought 18 months ago) and AH (6 months). I guess I didn’t buy these products for Overbridge. :slight_smile:
I prefer when my computer is turned off.

2 Likes

I for one have got other things for that. I bought DT to use with the computer, especially when travelling.

I was thinking about returning my A4 MK2, bought almost 6 months ago but have a problem with taxes, since I bought it abroad trough my company and paid the taxes in my country, so it’s not so simple to get those back.

But if I bought it like a regular person I would return that thing in a heartbeat and there would be no way of a seller not accepting the return, because this is a LIE:

2 Likes

From a lawyers perspective- it’s not.

The machine that you bought is enabled for overbridge. However, the thing it’s enabled to connect to does not yet exist.

3 Likes

“Overbridge is a software suite from Elektron, offering… It comes in two variations…”

Well, it doesn’t come. So that makes it a false statement. But anyway, no point debating the law semantics until someone challenges this at their store or at consumer right representatives.

1 Like

Well truth be told I only started making tunes about 5 years ago. I’m 24 ATM, and I started with Ableton, so I am very used to a DAW workflow.

The DT looked awesome to me because it was going to have a good mix between a standalone hardware and DAW workflow (seeing as how the release date of OB was February), and since it was going my first piece of hardware this was really appealing. I could make a beat in my living room, then I could track it out over USB into Ableton and I wouldn’t have to worry about getting extra cables for tracking multiple outs, etc. I was basically going to use it like Maschine that could also be independent from the computer.

So to me OB was a pretty big deal in me buying it.
Without it I just have a slower and more limited workflow than what I’m already accustomed to, hence why it is not for me and I know that now.

Doesn’t mean it’s not a cool box, I would just rather stay with my already fast and efficient workflow and let someone have the DT who will use it happily without OB.

Basically I had to try it to see if it was for me, and unfortunately it is not.

2 Likes

I really don’t get the false advertising argument, unless you didn’t spend even 5 minutes to read the product page you have no way of pretending that you didn’t know Overbridge wasn’t out yet. And it’s not even like it’s written in fine prints, it is located at the same place where you get informations about what overbridge is in the first place.

There’s reasons good reasons to be frustrated about OB, but this argument doesn’t seem really honest to me.

I’d be happy to conceide on the whole false advertisement thing if anyone finds evidence that it said anywhere that overbridge was ready to download at some point.

“never” will never come :smiley:

It can be in a constant state of coming, but it will never never come until the company takes that stance.

The packaging states that the machine is OB enabled, which it is. It talks about Overbridge, but it doesn’t explicitly state that the thing that OB is- is presently available.

The phrase It comes can be used in a present and future tense, I think? When it comes?

1 Like

I don’t think so.

I did, and was patient and understanding toward them. But here we are now. With 0 info on the future plans and release times other then “little more” from their last statement. I’m not trying to be a d**k here but you have to agree that this is really bad for consumers, no matter how big of a fan of Elektron you are. When is the time to say: ok this is bad, you people who bought it for OB are right and Elektron should deal with you in a respectful manner. Or that time will never come?

1 Like

I think maybe?

Ever since my last comment I’ve had “She’ll be coming around the mountain when she comes” stuck in my head- so it’s a pretty lousy day.

Irregardless- hold tight I have it on good authority(the dream I had last night) that it will be released by 05/21.

Unless you think the cosmos are liars, in which case there are bigger issues to worry about than multi-tracking. Existential issues. Perhaps life is an illusion…

guess what next windows 10 will break overbridge 1 week after it’s out , and i will be laughing ! this topic is useless.

First mistake is using Win 10

2 Likes

Being worried about Overbrigde is an absolute luxury…
Just sayin it like it is…

5 Likes

OSX changes more frequently than Windows does :stuck_out_tongue:

Amen.

1 Like

But- imagine how much better THEIR life would be if only THEY had Overbridge.

You see, we’re not just worrying about Overbridge solely for ourselves- we’re worrying about attaining Overbridge for the WORLD!

No longer will these impoverished people have to suffer through individually tracking each track from a stereo out into their computers. This will result in less anguish- first and foremost. Quicker workflow. And a better output.

The sooner they release a quality album the sooner they can sell that on bandcamp- maybe make it big(you never know). Overbridge COULD be the beginning of a rags to riches story.

1 Like