Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Haha, I thought that and was going to reply right in that spot that you did…

Once OB is out, we will most likely see a massive surge of fussy complaints… :joy::joy::joy:
Meanwhile other people, elsewhere, will just continue bustin out beats like its nobodies business…

1 Like

Haha I’ve had that happen to me a couple times lately too

1 Like

It happens to me every so often, and then after the person says what I decided not to, I then feel OK to reply that I was going to say that… :joy:

Oh yeah, Overbrigde Status update… You ever climb mountains? Often you head to what you think is the top, and when you get there you see it’s not the top, there’s a whole nother stretch… It might be frustrating if your tired already. We’ve done that several times and were still not there. In my experience however if you just keep moving, ultimately you get to a place where you can’t get any higher. That’s where Overbrigde lives. We just got to keep climbing, and not give up… The mountain is ruthless, it does no good to get upset at it, it just makes your climb suck… It helps to know there’s an amazing view up there, and it’s worth it to keep going…
One foot in front of the other, one step at a time…
I will see you all in Overbridge…

I read “analog rytm” by mistake here.

1 Like

Don’t you keep the samples you loaded onto your rytm on your computer?

Mkii can sample record like the digitakt and suffers from the same problem of not being able to back up your recordings. Heaven forbid your hardware is fucked up all your recordings are lost. Huge oversight.

6 Likes

great, thank you, Simon. Please take the time you need to finish the new Overbridge, we are fully trusting your judgement on this.

2 Likes

Hah, enjoyed that little story there

1 Like

Amen brother!

Was well told eh :laughing: I had a similar interaction with the guy I bought my DT off

1 Like

Both DT and ARmk2 can sample, so the computer is not necessarily in the sampling process. Also, reloading 128 samples in their slots is really not convenient. One thing I would like to do is play with two DTs dj-style (someone here does this and I think it’s awesome) and I would like to have the same content on both. Anyway, backup/restore should always be first-class functions… it’s a bit of a mandatory pro feature. See bands like Octave One… they tour almost non-stop: gear breaks from time to time and that’s why they have full redundancy. Now tell those guys “Nope, you can’t backup/restore in a snap” :expressionless:

are you sure that this was the promise with Overbridge and not just a wet dream of how hardware synthesisers should work in perfect universe? I have not seen a promise for Overbridge to be full redundancy backup for broken hardware and this is not how existing Overbridge is working. It sure would be great if Overbridge would do all of those things but if it happens, it would be a bonus, not some missing feature you feel obligation to claim here.

The tone of your comment is disrespectful and aggressive, like many of your posts. I have no intention to argue with people lacking education.

Sample backup from a sampler is a wet dream for a personal, perfect universe?

4 Likes

I’m sorry that the tone of my comment is disrespectful and aggressive.

Regardless of content: what makes you think you could speak for me and say “we are” doing this or that???

I doubt, that someone who is regarding sampling back up from a sampler as “wet dream”, has enough overview on nowaday’s usual musicans’ workflow, to be able to talk for me, or others, in such a generalizing way.

Better speak for yourself and not for others.

1 Like

rly depends of what kind of kinky sht you are into. But full redundancy of broken gear kind of is.

I think when he said full redundancy, he meant that you have reserves of your equipment in case something breaks. In its current state, you can buy a thousand digitakts and it won’t help you a bit if one breaks. In its current state, i will lose all the music I’ve created on the device, and it won’t be down to some user error on my part, it’s just not possible to back up the samples.

6 Likes

can you please point the source that has promised you that you will fully backup your samples with Overbridge?

Better use the flags - if there’s any more off-topic stirring and bickering in this thread (everyone) it will have to be closed. It’s been going nowhere for ages and it’s become a hotspot for negativity, trolling and flags.

6 Likes