Rytm + Korg PadKontrol

I hear what you’re saying…Maschine or MPC pads are a bit thicker, and overall those units feel more solid. So in terms of the feel alone, I can understand preferring those. But in terms of the actual response, I just find it easy to play with nuanced velocity on the PK. Maybe try changing the velocity curves? Or maybe the feel just isn’t for you.[/quote]
Thomann has the black edition for 149 EURs in stock.

I’m also selling mine here: FS (US / NYC): wooden Elektron side stands, Korg PadKontrol

Great thread. I just bought a padKontrol to have a second set of pads for controlling a second bank of samples on my MPC 1000.

Then I thought “…Ohhh I wonder if It might be good to use with my Rythm for finger druming?” came here and instantly found this thread :slight_smile:

So I guess I can bang out live finger drummed beats on the padcontrol and then have the RYTM permanently set to “Perf” or “scene” mode and do mods to my beats as I play yes? If so I think I’ve just hit the mother load of what I’m after for my live sets :slight_smile:

Yeah exactly! Works really nicely. If you have synth parts, you could also lay out some scales in some PadKontrol scenes to give you more flexibility than the Rytm’s chromatic mode

1 Like

Yeah exactly! Works really nicely. If you have synth parts, you could also lay out some scales in some PadKontrol scenes to give you more flexibility than the Rytm’s chromatic mode[/quote]
Well In my MPC 1000 I tend to set the left 8 pads as scales with layered tuned samples and musical phrase chops then the right 8 pads are almost always drums (I tend to play drums with just the right hand and tuned stuff with my left so I’ll probably do similar with the padKontrol controlling my RYTM.

Yeah exactly! Works really nicely. If you have synth parts, you could also lay out some scales in some PadKontrol scenes to give you more flexibility than the Rytm’s chromatic mode[/quote]
these are great ideas. any way we could get the presets as a DL? :slight_smile:

Hi i connect padkontrol to my rytm, change note cc in korg, but velocity dont work. Any solution?