Expired

x

1 Like

Looks good. Will test this evening. Is audio working over usb aswell or only midi?

Nice patch for automating/randomizing the Rytm - but it doesn’t really work to recall kits on the Rytm.
I notice that you’re using ctlin objects - how well can you mirror the state of the Rytm with this setup?
I tried making something similar, had problems sending all those parameters to the Rytm as CCs. I guess you need to use sysex for that, like I assume Strom does.

Sounds like a really nice idea, look forward to giving it a test. Thanks!

Thanks for this!

Thank you indeed!

Can someone confirm that parameter changes goes both ways so that tweaking the RYTM knobs turn the visual parameters in Ableton and not only the other way around? (Which I have tried and get to work)

I have also tried to edit the midi map manunally but I dont get it to work. I have the midi settings track, sync and remote set to ON.

Help is much appreciated.

EDIT: I got it working but changing the level on track 2 changes the level on track 1 also. Ideas?

Great job.
Thanks very much for sharing.

I drag the drum rack straight into a new ableton project without touching anything. Also used a new rytm project but turning a knob on one track effects all other tracks as well.

Does it require a specific Max for live version? Can that be the problem?

BOSS

Thanks but I still have midi problem with the updated device. Turning one RYTM-knob effects all other tracks. If I turn off external the device-knobs do not move at all. Can you please post your specific RYTM-midi-settings?

Also you need to set the encoders to internal only not internal + external

If I set the encoders to internal only nothing happens, not even a registration of midi signal in ableton.

The device/rack is meant to control and automate your Rytm, thus Ableton to Rytm, not the other way around.

This is great, thanks so much.

The device/rack is meant to control and automate your Rytm, thus Ableton to Rytm, not the other way around. [/quote]
I was planning on using it for live jams where automation is recorded rather than audio. Easier post editing. I guess there are work arounds such as using one drum rack per track.

thanks!!

i wanted to make it myself… did a search and found this one.
really nice!

Is there any possibility to make with Max both ways Comunication from live to rytm and rytm to live?

1 Like

Yes, you have to request a kit dump and then decode the sysex to get all the parameters from the rytm.