Rumor: Analog Rytm mk2 also coming

No idea how reliable it is but my friend said he saw a Polish advert with a leaked Analog Rytm Mk2 similar to the Octratrack. What do you guys think?

Yes a grey trinity is imminentā€¦
ā€¦I wouldnā€™t have a clue really

1 Like

I think youā€™re possibly trolling the forum and if you are iā€™d suggest you halted it now :thup:

Tensions are sometimes hard to manage, we donā€™t need ill-conceived gags making things harder ā€¦ if this ā€˜friendā€™sā€™ info seems questionable then treat it as such rather than stirring

1 Like

I am not trolling. He swears he saw it. Not sure why he would lie. Heā€™s in the market for a RYTM and asked me if he should wait. But obviously could have been fake or a mockup or something

Youā€™d have to imagine it is the case at some point, but best to wait for some official confirmation.

1 Like

If you look at the Octratrack mkII thread (the original one i think), someone posted the Polish music gear site with the analog 4 mk II listedā€¦

Looked like a screen grab, not sure if it was a photoshop or something

2 Likes

Maybe check the Juno site for confirmation :grin:

8 Likes

I think itā€™s plausible; a hardware revision update just like the Octatrack.

I saw that screen grab in the mkii thread. Not sure but it looked like the mkii A4 and mkii RYTM were listed cheaper than the OT mkii? Which seemed kind of odd, considering whatā€™s inside? Maybe the store was just guessing at prices? Or it was photoshop? Dunnoā€¦

I guess thereā€™s no reason to say itā€™s not possible, I just wanted to be sure this wasnā€™t a gag for the sake of harmony and minimising it gaining traction if so ā€¦ will seek out that a4 mkii to see if thereā€™s a pic

I like the new look ā€¦ maybe a pro grey trinity is easy to move towards from a parts perspective for Elektron

I thought yesterday may have been a gag but clearly it wasnā€™t ā€¦ I suppose it makes more sense the more you think about it ā€¦ all the devices get backlit performance friendly buttons, otherwise the A4/R may seem outdated by comparison !

Sorry, I just wanted to check :thup:

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking that elektron wants to make the digital boxes look different than the analog ones. Therefore, I do not expect mk II versions of the analog machines. But of course I might be mistaken

1 Like

crazy thing isā€¦ if they update A4/ARā€¦ AK gotta be updated too, and then Heatā€¦ Digitakt will be the oldest device in the lineup :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

DT is black tho?

I think the screen grab was probably legit and mkiiā€™s are incoming all round. Explains Elektronā€™s ā€˜we have so many new boxes coming out this yearā€™ statement. Was just a little ambiguous and perceived differently by most of the forumā€¦

1 Like

AK update with heaps of knobs would make sense. Yeah no chance I know.
Of all the machines AK definitely needs the new screen the most imo.
So bloody hard to read with the ergonomics of the keyboard

2 Likes

Analog MKii versions with higher (isolated) USB bandwidth OB is an obvious tweak ā€¦ I think it seems more credible to make the leap in quick succession with minimal OS development required, just PCB and industrial design tweaks ā€¦ all three capable products would be hard to top, so why not tidy them up as is

4 Likes

if this is true (and I am still not convinced it is, just wanted to put it out there), then it almost seems like they ordered too many buttons for digitakt and are now trying to not waste them haha

Like the sound of that, though personally rather than analog Iā€™d like to see a knobby FM / wavetable style synth next

4 Likes

Haha as long as they have a ton of the original knobs/buttons/screens in reserve for future repairs on OG units itā€™s all good :wink:

I guess so, too. saw the screenshot from polish-website yesterday as well (but after it disappeared) and think itā€™s logic to continue the MKII version to AR A4 AK. I guess they keep digitakt and heat in black as they are the Ā»smallerĀ« boxes. big ones MKII in grey. looking forward to the new rytm!

:rocket:

2 Likes

Oh noā€¦ I canā€™t stand to this MK2 upgrade fever!
However if Elektron will do this (rumor) A4/AR upgrade, they could call in ā€œoldā€ machines and with a little extra money we could have the ā€œnewā€ updated onesā€¦ Even If I prefer they donā€™t upgrade the black ones.
Please upgrade the monomachine with analog filters, bells and whistles of the black series!

2 Likes