RIP: MnM / MD / MD - UW - TRIBUTE COMP?

I kind of knew, I just wanted to make sure.

Pretty sure I have my entry done. :slight_smile: I have used samples in the MDUW and custom waves in the mono, along with some of the classic sounds the boxes are known forā€¦

Pretty much multitracked in Ableton but only eq and compression used in Live, all the effects are from the silver boxes.

Just going to sit on it for a couple of days and make sure I am happy with it first.

1 Like

Damn Ross. You didnā€™t waste any time!!!

Sending it over to you now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sweet, Iā€™ll have a listen when I get in tonight. Festival season innit:-)

Technotastic :grin:

1 Like

2 Likes

Tweaked the mix a little, too much bass as always!

Just got the notice that my MD has shipped, so Iā€™m in!

1 Like

Hi All, been a busy week for me again. I will be reviewing everything soon and finalize all. I do apologize Iā€™m not able to be as attentive as I wish I could. If someone has more time and wants to either partner with me to move this along quicker, that would be great. Talk soon

so do you want to list this on itunes, spotify and other stores? you can do that IN ADDITION to bandcamp. iā€™ll distirbute it for free and pass along 100% of the royalties back. letā€™s do this!!!

Get it everywhere we can, if itā€™s not too much bother, I reckon.

I donā€™t have tons of time to spare but if I can help let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK folks, I have to seriously ask someone if theyā€™re able to adopt this project entirely.
I was just informed about my work schedule and AUG i will have absolutely ZERO time to offer to this.
Iā€™m already swamped as it is this month. Itā€™s funny, I wonā€™t have much free time til first week of September. If we stick to that September 9th deadline, Iā€™ll have a few days to come up with a track. I hate to push it on someone, but Iā€™m being as transparent as can be.

Any Takers?

1 Like

great idea. would like to join with my md mk2. letĀ“s see what could be done without UW :wink:

I would love to see this compilation for free download ā€¦ maybe on elektron soundcloud? Or Elektron wants to pay a official Elektronauts soundcloud - or just giving some space on the :3lektron: ANALOG SERVER.

IĀ“m runnung a vinyl label. So I can give you some insight: To do a vinyl edition is not a good option. I mean it would be great for some artists - thats for sure. But time is limited on vinyl. onyl 14 - 15min per side. So for a 2 x 12" you can have 8 to max 12 tracks. Who would choose these tracks? 300 copies of 2 x 12" vinyl with 4c cmyk album cover costs around 2000-2500 EUR. You will need also a vinyl distributor. Vinyl compilations are hard to sell, especially with different kind of genres. Maybe a CD edition is a better option.

Regarding itunes & co. yeah could be a good idea, but what about the royalities? Should the artists get paid or will we spend the money for some chairity or to support refugees? Many questions and many chances come up with a compilation for which the people have to pay.

Hi Marcel, thats sad to hear that you have no time for this. I found this idea really great so its a bummer when this compilation album fails. I had to think a bit, but I really want to help. Englisch is not my native language so I will do my best to make me understandable. If you are oke and the rest that want to contribute Are oke, then I am prepared to take over. Unless there is someone else allready that pm-t you to take over offcourse (then I am too late :thinking: )

I got a fair bit of spare time in the coming monthsā€¦ Except for my holliday the first two weeks of augustā€¦

1 Like

ā€¦should the deadline be moved to a different date then, so that marcelvidela and others that will be on holidays/donā€™t have time right now, wonā€™t have pressure on and also, give more time to organize things?

Sound like it might be a planā€¦ this thread does seem to have died a bit though.

This tribute comp have to happen! I didnt hear from marcel yet, but I will take over if everybody is allright.

I agree to set the date further because of the hollidays. Is everybody agreeing with december first? So that everybody that is still receiving a new MnM or MD will have the time to explore there new silver boxā€¦

Also I think that eq-ing and a bit of compressing (mixing) is allright but no further external effects like reverbs, delays etc. Only the onboard effects.

With the MD UW no other soundsource (sampling) than the MnM or the MD.

I think we have to do a little bit of mastering before we have to bring it out ( because of different db levels) and I think we have to do it digitally because vinyl or some sort is too expensiveā€¦ Bandcamp is allright, but free download on soundcloud seems to be okay too. If we wanna charge for the compilation then we have to do bandcamp I guess and all will have to go to charity (thats a really good idea)

The track cant be longer than 6 minutesā€¦

So everybody allright with december first? You have four months from nowā€¦

Later today I will go through this thread to collect all the names of the people that want to contribute and do a recab. Iā€™ll get backā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m still in. But the sound I will send wonā€™t have any comp. or EQing cause I donā€™t have any gear to do that. So it will be just reccorded at the out of MnM and MD, if you donā€™t mind.
I let you free to enhance the sound if you find it not enough strong compare to other submissions.

Thanks for assume this sound collection heavy mission.
:slight_smile:

1 Like