RIP: MnM / MD / MD - UW - TRIBUTE COMP?

No external fx, only internal fx. Mnm andmd only. Dont think im at the learning stage of providing a track but will try and do something .

I think stuff like external EQ and compression would be fine, like you said as long as the original sound of the MD/MnM is there thatā€™s what matters.

personally, i think this approach ā€“ similar to the one repeatle outlines in this video ā€“ fits the spirit of the project well.

Yes :clap:

Iā€™m late to the party and havenā€™t read all the posts, but I was huge part of the second benefit compilation some years ago on elektron users. Iā€™d love to contribute a track, and Iā€™d be happy to answer questions about how we put it together. PM me about the details. I still have the project folder on a drive somewhere.

3 Likes

@kirlian : are the mp3 somewhere online ?
Care to share ?

2 Likes

Brilliant

^ This is not the one, although it is a special oneā€¦ I think Actuelā€™s tribute is the third compilation that came from the elektron userā€™s forum.

I still have the mastered tracks (tarekith volunteered to master) and all the ā€œlinerā€ notes and such. Iā€™m on a trip right now but Iā€™ll pull them out for a reissue when I get back.

We held a vote to establish the tracks for the main release because there were so many submission. 75, I think. It became a much bigger project than we anticipated.

Once I put everything together and find the best place for them to live online in a more permanent way, Iā€™ll make a thread. It would be great to put them on this site. Maybe even an elektronaughts annual compilation could bud from itā€¦

1 Like

Aaaaaactually, here is is, still live and free downloadable :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

https://eumachineproject.bandcamp.com

Enjoy!

Sorry to stray from the topic. Iā€™ll make a thread.

1 Like

Used to play with a MD of a mate when it just came out. Got one of the last batch because I totally love the machine and I would happily contribute to this out of sheer love for the box.

I agree with most of the rules and deadlines agreed upon above.

Count me in (MnM Only)

nice, will make a dedicated machinedrum mk1 track
hope it s open for everyone
I was to late/not chosen for both tributes, so if the deadline is 9 sept.I should be okay

cool so just machinedrum only no external proccesing besides recording all eq, fx
lets gets some crunchy sound. :smile_cat:

Cool was searchin for that great thankzzzzzzzzz :slight_smile:

Iā€™m in, dammit.

Im in :smiling_imp:
I will use Both the MonoMachine & MachineDrumā€¦

Iā€™m in!

1 Like

Great initiative! Would like to get in on this for sure, hopefully be able to find some time :elmm: :thup:

Iā€™m fairly new to the Machinedrum but already love it to death and Iā€™m considering joining in. But I have some samples I recorded from the minibrute, so I was wondering if Iā€™m allowed to use those. I would use the monomachine but i was just a little late to the game when I ordered one and wonā€™t be getting one(maybe second-hand if everythng goes well).

That answers your question. The source sounds in your case would be Mini Brute and that is not part of the aim of this compilation.