Red MDuw, now +Drive!

I think I’m about to flip my MD-non UW. Very convenient timing I must say. After I powered it up to take a picture to prove that unit does, in fact, work. I played around with it a little bit. I love the mellow electronic sounds of the TRX engines, so I went with that. Tried to experiment more with the sounds instead of keeping the sounds as is(or as are?) Made the mellow aggressive. Damn I love this drum machine. It’s SO MUCH FUN. Props to everyone who owns one. Damn well worth it. Happy to be upgrading to the penultimate version of this wonderful machine.

I thought you said you ordered a MDUW+, though?

1 Like

I did? What are you talking about?

“penultimate” means second to last.

1 Like

Looks like I just learned the meaning of a word I’ve been using for a while.

2 Likes

Just go straight to the top with “ultimate”, if that’s what you mean. :loopy:

1 Like

For some reason I thought the “pen” made it better than. Like, higher than the highest. That’s what I get for assuming the meaning based on a Acid Mother’s Temple album. Learning Engrish from a Japanese Psychedelic band :smiley:

1 Like

or like how Penn is the taller one in Penn & Teller. :fury::quirky:

1 Like

I will take whatever logic you feel like providing to make my language kerfuffle seem reasonable :cb:

2 Likes

:slight_smile: its a wicked piece of kit!

1 Like

Damn. Trying not to feel bad about that 100 I could have saved.

C’est La Vie, I suppose.

2 Likes

Dude. I just got my UW+ today, and I’m toying around with some of the demo patterns. I can across one with the kit titled “Resampling” and you were absolutely right! I WAS missing something! This REALLY adds much more fluidity to the machine that I hadn’t yet considered!

5 Likes

Loading some of those free Elektron kits…you weren’t kidding…

1 Like

What exactly is a Snapchat? I’m new

A snapshot is a project comprising 128 kits, 128 patterns, 8 global settings and one loaded samplebank.
With +drive units you can store up to 128 snapshots.
Non +drive has only one project

1 Like

^—what he said. Glorious if you really like jamming on the MD. My patterns filled up near instantly

1 Like