Red MDuw, now +Drive!

Sorry guys, just a quick sharing of my happiness to have back my upgraded and +Drive equipped MDuw…I feel it like a new machine now !
Snapshots…SampleBanks…yuhuuuhhuuuuu !!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

congrats, bro.

I’m feeling pretty disappointed going for a MD mostly for the lack of +drive. I had no desire to use C6 to load samples on my MD, but the snapshots would have been VERY helpful

I don’t use them that much, you know… You’re not missing THAT much, I think.
Unless you can’t resample in the non UW, but I believe you can, can’t you ? You have access to RAM machines with the non-UW?

[EDIT : seems I’m wrong : RAM are UW only = OK you’re missing something ^^]

1 Like

I’ve got an OT for resampling purposes.

The snapshots, though! I really enjoy making sketches on the MD, but now I must toy around with clearing all the patterns every time they get filled up.

I’ve been meaning to try the iPad app “Midi Toolbox”? Supposedly you can send sysex messages to the MD from that? Which I could just send empty patterns from my iPad to the MD via my Kenmore Midi Interface? (Does that sound accurate?)

Flip it and upgrade.

1 Like

I’ve got my eye on an ebay listing. If I can get it at a good price, I just might! It seems the MD price hasn’t yet inflated to reflect it being discontinued. Now’s the time. Flip the MD-non UW when it has

#Ca-CHING!

2 Likes

Since 2009 I used to backup a lot…now I can have all in the machine!

P.S.
I’ll still continue to backup when it’s worth…

1 Like

@ryan he’s right, why don’t you get yourself a +drive upgrade ?
It’s a mkii you have, haven’t you ?

I don’t know if:
a.They still do +drive upgrades
b.They can put a +drive in a non-UW

even then, i’m pretty sure the kits don’t transfer between snapshots(granted I can send kits via sysex)

the cheapest option would probably be that iPad sysex trick

yes they do…mine has just come back home today. It arrived at Elektron HQ last week.

Not sure if a mkII non-UW can be upgraded though.
You can open a ticket request

2 Likes

I’ll keep my eye on used UW+s and determine if a + drive upgrade would be the most viable option. One thing that’s really breaking my heart per my decision is the notion that the UW can send samples to the AR

How much do they charge for the upgrade

Their FAQs say they don’t do these upgrades anymore, so well done! Luckily I already have a MkII UW+

it was 400 from what I remember

Maybe the drive can be found from china for 10 dollars

1 Like

Ok, might be better to sell the MD non UW and get the UW+ for the price :slight_smile:

I absolutely love this machine !!!

2 Likes

I’m trying to show love to my bank account…you guys ain’t helpin’…

It’s your bank account that should love and help you !
:smile:

Still, even without UW, what a machine !

1 Like

Autofeedback…I remember this killer pattern where the MD started to sound like a robot mouth…great

the kits don’t transfer between snapshots

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it’s possible to copy a kit from one snapshot and paste it into another? Not completely sure when it comes to MDUW, but that’s how I managed to eliminate the painful C6 interaction on A4.

2 Likes