Promo video for Moog DFAM

Which ones?

Do some research

Welcome to elektronauts

1 Like

:joy:

Honestly, I thought I did. Which ones?

Whelp. There ya go.

That was a hint :slight_smile: The ones about you making assumptions, and at the same time telling people not to make assumptions.

What did I make assumptions on? Why women arenā€™t into it? Because I said of social reasons?

Well working gear is an intellectual exercise. And there isnā€™t a shred of good evidence supporting that weā€™re different in our intellectual capacities, in fact thereā€™s mainly evidence supporting the contrary. So itā€™s social.

Two of my favorite things, synthesizers and skateboarding.
Seem both communities are struggling with having girls around.
Glad itā€™s not stopping the ladies from showing out, in spite of the fact that their ability will be judged because they are female.
I saw this video and loved everything about it.
Because itā€™s just girls it instantly made me think of one of the two people I know with a mother 32.
Iā€™m sure she thought this video was rad and inspirational.
Iā€™m sure next time we are talking gear it will come up.

4 Likes

You assume that women arenā€™t interested in modular synths because of society, without presenting any evidence. It might just be that weā€™re all just bags of chemicals on a spectrum, and these chemicals can be a factor in why some people are drawn to certain activities and others are not.

Edit: And thatā€™s my assumption, but at this point theyā€™re bot equally valid, which is to say, not at all, since we are presenting no evidence.

1 Like

It would be a complete and willful misinterpretation of what I said to suggest I ever said I was ā€˜againstā€™ a Moog video that features an all-female cast of musicians.

What I am ā€˜againstā€™ is the idea that if this was intentional, then it is progressive. I just regard that as manufactured and patronising.

None of us know anything about why this video features all females and I am making no assumptions. It is all centered around the word ā€˜ifā€™.

For the record, I thought the video was a well-shot promo featuring very average twinkly music. I would have thought that if it were made by men, martians or Kaitlyn Jenner.

2 Likes

This is exactly it, the whole thing is predicated on a baseless assumption.

Well since the world is progressing in some way and weā€™ve seen a dirge of non-male artists coming up logically the control factor is social.

I can present you with evidence on how we are both equally intellectually capable whereas you cannot present me with evidence that we are attracted to different things due to chemicals.

Intellectual capability says absolutely nothing about a disposition towards certain artistic pursuits.

1 Like

Again, quite the assumption. And boasting.

Iā€™m starting to think (based on what Iā€™ve learned from this thread) that @xidnpnlss romantic interests donā€™t want to talk about gear for reasons other than a lack of interest. Honestly my romantic interests are usually quite interested to talk about my gear and what I do

I dont know, it seemed pretty obvious to me that the video is not only saying check out the DFAM, but yeah itā€™s all females and thatā€™s how Moog is gonna make a point about what they think.
Personally I like the effort, seems fitting.

1 Like

Yaā€™ll cannot provide evidence that we are biologically drawn to different creative pursuits. The burden of proof is on you as the notion we are is inherently sexist.

1 Like

Hahaha. Thatā€™s just exactly what I would expect you to say. Gentlemen, itā€™s been fun. Iā€™m gonna go back to my cis-privileged life and feel the burden of proof weighing me down while my easy existence elevates me. Itā€™s a great equilibrium of a life.

1 Like

What? If they want to talk about gear, Iā€™m all for it. Thatā€™s not a predicate on which I pursue romance.

And why are we talking about my romance life?

Bye Becky.