Overbridge in May but WHEN?

nope,

I would say friday 29th :slight_smile:

:wink:

Virus TI is not an analog synth, it’s virtual analog, in other words it’s digital. Just like the Roland TR8, no magic going from all digital through usb to daw… been there done that.

A4 is ANALOG. There is no ANALOG SYTNH CURRENTLY on the market that can record via usb and DAW intergration such as with Overbridge and A4, if there is, please let me know.

You forgot the best part: IT’S FREE. Roland would charge $179 for something like this. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My one yearold daughter is more patient than you overbridge guys…

Wait until she’s two. You have been warned.

Sincerely,
a father of two.

Yeah, I know exactly when to the second. But I’m not gonna tell you :wink:
No really… I don’t have a clue. But I bet the developers are working their asses off to meet the May deadline.

By the way, is it true that the beta won’t work with Logic?

Why would u use overbridge if your audio interface has superior A/D conversion.

I have a a Virus TI and steer well clear of Virus Control. I believe in recording what u hear at the analog outs.

AU won’t be available in the public beta but will for the eventual 1.0 release. You could always find a VST to AU wrapper and use that until 1.0 comes out.

Wait until she’s two. You have been warned.

Sincerely,
a father of two.[/quote]
Do they start spamming forums crying for ovabridgeeeeee with two?

You grambler all sounds like my 4 years old daughter :slight_smile:
I’m losing so much time reading your comments about how frustrated you are and impatient you can be.
Meanwhile I’ve made 57 crazy patterns with my RYTM.

ok, that is said, I go back to my RYTM :slight_smile:

Love you all

you do realize, the analog four is a bit of a hybrid in the sense that it uses DCOs instead of pure analog VCOs so there’s still quite a bit of digital processing going on =)

it’s silly to be a purist in this day in age, i think the idea that you can use the synth as a soundcard and record line (analog) signals in is the similarity between the much older virus.

to be a bit more on topic, I think we should all be patient as they tighten up the code/add functionality. Really excited to see how CV will be handled by overbridge as well as having the tightest possible clock from the DAW

if I originally had this functionality with the A4, I probably would have waited and purchased a more full featured interface- this surely will benefit tons of people who use the machines more casually and want to start composing with the flexibility of a DAW.

really attractive for beginners, or for anyone travelling with a laptop or touring and looking to record.

you do realize, the analog four is a bit of a hybrid in the sense that it uses DCOs instead of pure analog VCOs so there’s still quite a bit of digital processing going on =)[/quote]
People still trying the failed DCOs are digital argument in 2015?
“Bit of a hybrid”.
No.

Define “processing”.
The signal path is 100% analog. There is a difference between control (being pre-oscillator) and processing (being post-oscillator). The clock of the analog oscillators is being controlled digitally. The actual sound that is generated, from waveform through analog outputs is 100% analog.

And considering the alternative often comes without patch recall, and comes with a host of tuning headaches, and sure as hell wouldn’t have sound locks… I’m relieved that the so called “bit of a hybrid” has DCOs.

One benefit I am hoping for especially with the RYTM is to record all tracks individually at once, I like to have the instruments solo’d in the mixing, from what I have seen in the videos at Musse etc, this looks like it will be the case, for me that is a huge benefit over overdubbing because it keeps the timing of the performance in tact relative to each other, when you overdub there is bound to be a little discrepancy in timing, even if tiny. These tiny difference can account for a different overall feel.

I think the applications for the new midi in live situations working with a computer are going to be enormous ,according to Cenk it syncs better and more accurate than regular midi sync technology.

As far as AD conversion, it remains to be seen, but I am betting it will be on par with decent audio cards. The main thing is to record every track individually for me without overdubs and supposed better sync than midi, these 2 benefits alone are enormous. I am not one of those that wants to get away from a computer, I have to record, anyone who records needs a computer unless you have a tape machine no? So why not integrate the 2. Overbridge’s vst’s and integration is the next step for me. I can patiently wait, this thread was started as a bit of a joke, I am expecting great things from Overbridge and I can wait, not a problem, even if it’s more than a few months more but my guess is the release will be May as it seems more definitive this time around with the new website and what was said at Musse, so a little more patience everyone waiting for it. I am sure it will be worth it.

Ok, this isn’t a Virus Control vs Overbridge competition is it?

The technology is similar and so what if it is? Companies borrow and build on others ideas sometimes. Overbridge is obviously more integrated to it’s instruments than Virus Control is to it’s synth controller. Elektron went deeper, which is what they always do.

All I really care about is sample management with Overbridge. My instruments get mixed in analog before they wind up in binary code.

If Overbridge speeds up sample transfers considerably, I’ll be happy :slight_smile:

…yet. :slight_smile:

Apparently, audio streams from the device to the USB will be mono. Don’t expect to use panning automation/placement on your Rytm and to hear it in Overbridge.

Just as it is with the individual outputs.

I’m sure there will be options for dynamic routing. The send effects will go through the stereo pair, for instance.

Even if this was the case, you could load an automation track per instrument and have the pan information sent from AR MIDI to control the OB ITB track.

Solved.