OT sending Midi changes to AK, but why?

Have an issue where my OT is sending some Midi messages to the AK that I can’t figure out why - i.e. my Midi settings seem on point.

Examples are when moving fader L-R the T1 pitch on AK changes.
Other seemingly random changes happen from time to time which I haven’t pinpointed but its a bit annoying no knowing how/if can stop this.

Any ideas welcome!

[Edit - realise could be something to do with AK possibly, but again Midi settings I ‘think’ are setup just for clock].

Turn off Midi CC in Midi Configuration.

1 Like

I think it is but I’ll check when I’m home of course.

1 Like

Generally speaking, you can turn off on the OT sending midi or turn off on the AK listening to midi.

My guess is that the OT sends either midi to channel 1 (default on AK: track 1 listens to midi channel 1) or to the AUTO CHANNEL of the AK. As @Ryan suggests, best would be to turn off the sending from the OT.

I have my Elektron Trinity - beeing OT as master, AK, and AR - configured that only the midi transport function of the OT is used to synchronize the others.

I would recommend to have a look in both manuals or the “GLOBAL” menus and check out the sections about MIDI, MIDI CONTROL, MIDI SYNC, and MIDI CHANNELS etc. There you will find many options, which can be activated, deactivated, to route midi channels, etc.

As hinted by previous posters, the OT’s controls send out MIDI CC messages by default, and the AK receives them by default.

In your example, the OT’s crossfader sends MIDI CC 48, and the AK maps CC 48 to fine control of Osc 1 pitch.

You can change the default behaviour on the OT by setting PROJECT > MIDI > CONTROL > AUDIO CC OUT to “INT”.

You can change the default behaviour n the AK by disactivating GLOBAL > MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG > RECEIVE CC/NRPN.

4 Likes

Thanks or help all!

Hi!
I just bought an OT. It’s connected to my AK via midi, so that the OT is the master clock, but I can play the samples via the AKs keyboard.

BUT…

For some reason the cross-fader is controlling the pitch bend of the AKs track 1.

Anybody know why/how I could fix it? :slight_smile:

You can do that or set different channels for each machine. Crossdader CC48’s channel is the lowest of audio tracks channels (MIDI > CHANNELS). You can also set all audio tracks midi channels to OFF.

If you want to control AK’s macros or Multimap, choose the right midi channel in midi tracks.