Octatrack Mk II listed at juno?

If I could only find a nickel, I would pay myself off tonight!
:upside_down:

History has shown Juno as a pretty reliable source for forthcoming product announcements, and even more convincing the fact that it is showing as costing more than OT mk I. Seems pretty legit

the price could change, does often on juno and others

So will Elektron announce at summer NAMM
They have a booth there, and mention on their website they will be there.
Or a teaser video?

I hope it will be digitakt-one-hand-size

Yep it’s confirmed…

21 Likes

I can see analog filters and overdrive in that picture.

6 Likes

“what about trig conditions, overbridge, and new effects?”, he asked the Oracle.

2 Likes

It has all the bells an whistles, but it’s mono

2 Likes

I highly doubt it will have anything analog in it.

1 Like

Hopefully at least a pair of analog ins and outs :grin:

5 Likes

OK you got me… :joy:

1 Like

I’m sure other people have already done so, but I just emailed Juno with the link asking what they know about it.

2 Likes

No denial by Elektron, IT MUST BE REAL!

2 Likes

I’m in the same situation, but I boght it in a local store last month and I don’t have that money back guarantee :frowning:

Fuck, I feel so silly right now, paid 1290€ for it. Im loving my octa, but man. conditional trigs, analog filter/compresion, the oled display, polyphony… fuck!!!

What are you on? These are just wishes people have… it’s all vaporware :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My guesses: no, no, and extremely unlikely.

If it has anything in common with DT software wise then I’ll be happy to use the original OT for another year I reckon. OT complexity will be a bug hunting bonanza if DT can be used as example.
But if it’s a refreshed version then I sure as hell want the update haha.

1 Like

dunno.
ok assuming this is not a fluke of some kind (but I think it is)

It could be a minor hardware refresh, like @PeterHanes pointed out.

But then, when that’s on the table, why not make it Overbridge ready and give it the modern sequencer features of the other black machines? It’s the new Octatrack MK2, but doesn’t have any of the nice new things people have been wanting from it…? hmm… very thin ice. People will lose their shit and not in a good way.

So about having all the things – OT seems to run a software that’s very different from the machines starting with A4. Pretty sure it would be more than one ton of work porting its OS to use the newer features - many things would need to be examined and adapted, things would totally break, more work emerges. Also would be a major hardware development project… could be wrong about this, but I don’t see it happening right now. It simply would make so much more sense to next release something which is basically a Digitakt with different software & adapted UI shield, think FM-or-whatever digital synth…

obligatory imo.

7 Likes

The nature of the beast unfortunately. There’s always something better around the corner.
Gotta jump on the train sooner or later