Novation SL mk2 template to turn an A4 into Analog Keys (sorta)

Hey, I wanted to use my Novation 25SL mk2 to control the Analog 4 for two things that are tough on the A4 alone:

• playing “live” keys, especially patches which use the Analog Keys joystick for modulation
  • manipulating track volume to bring things in and out, without having to toggle the Performance mode between knob control and track volume.

To that end, I made an “advanced” mode template for the A4 that does a few things. I was trying not to duplicate stuff that is readily available on the A4 interface, but rather provides functions that are hard (or impossible) to do directly.

• maps the faders to volume for tracks 1-4, FX volume, and individual FX levels (chorus, delay, reverb).
  • maps the fixed-range encoder directly above the mod/pitchbend to “Breath” CC, which is the “down” direction on the Keys
  • sends notes and CC controls on MIDI channel 9, which is set up to affect the “active” track on the A4, so whatever’s selected will receive the notes.

This is working pretty well for me and I thought I’d share. You can download the sysx at:

Hope this helps someone else - If you have suggestions for additional controls you want to use, let me know.

@ahpook // https://soundcloud.com/ahpook // https://twitter.com/ahpook

6 Likes

Hello! @ahpook

Do you mind sharing the template again.

Kind regards!

Updated the link in my original post - Dropbox changed their public URL scheme so the link broke. LMK how this works for you!

3 Likes

I’m trying to install this on my 49SL MK3 but Components says the file format isn’t right. Does this file still work for you?

Sorry I no longer have this device so I can’t confirm for you. I never used it on a mk3 so maybe the file format changed? Apologies.

you won’t be able to install it on the mk3. the device identifier in the sysex is different.
there’s probably a lot more different as well (identifiers for the encoders, etc).

Your best bet is to look at the original file and recreate it for the mk3