Nord Drum 2 - Hesitation

Der polyslax,
Please leave then a comment what your experience is with iRig Midi 2
My question how you connect to OT , ND 2 and IPad in OT is the Master and the ND 2 Tirggel via IP ad.
All the best,
waldemaR[/quote]
You’re not going to be able to do this with a cheap dongle type midi interface.

iCM2+ is probably the best bet - although be aware that with an iPad Air you will also need a 30pin to lightning adapter and you’re probably going to want to get a power supply too to enable charging of your iPad. This effectively doubles the cost. Still a good deal and a cracking bit of kit thoughTo be sure. With the iCM2+ i’m able to connect for Instance OT, ND 2 and IPad the OT is the Master for ND but Trigger with the iPad? All the best,[/quote]
waldemaR

I mean OT as a Master Midi Clock, but the sequence from the iPad.
Of course i can sequence from OT also the ND 2, but it is for beginning easier with the App.
All the best,
waldemaR

Love this track!

1 Like

OT + ND2 = game over…
Add an OP-1 and maybe a multi fx and you can kill that gas stone dead.
The Nord Drum 2 is possibly the best thing eveeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

1 Like

Damn, you guys are making GAS hard for a ND2. Probably next on my shopping list after a blofeld, but need to sell a couple of items first…

What are your favorite ND2 parameters for p-locked CC#s and LFO?

The timbres and decays are great but I also like the noise filters and drive. I’m playing around with specific CC# assignments for specific tracks. EQ frequency sweeps for toms, and tone punch automation for snares.

This thing is so deep. Using it on midi channels 1-6 gives you chromatic control, so I’ve set my 6 midi tracks on Monomachine up that way.
I’m getting some wild leads and basses out of it.

Best $400 I’ve spent in a long time.

3 Likes

Where did you get it for that price?

Where did you get it for that price?[/quote]
Open Box from Unique Squared

Just want to remind everyone the ND2 absolutely rules.
Free bump to Nord!
Check it if you haven’t.
Buy it if you didn’t.

See the 808 there? Eh?
Come on!

It might have been 808, but I prefer my Nord Drum 2 to the 808

I’ve had mine for a few months only, sooo easy to program!

Do it. Nord Drum 2 is a beautiful beast.

Just got one and it’s so inspiring! Playing a bit with pickup machines and playing it with pads, quite a change from sequence based drums. The low output is annoying but otherwise pretty nice!

I really like mine, you can just sequence it from a good sequencer like Octatrack but I find out that something like ModSteps really opens it up.

Or just sample its sound on the OT and go!

Man, I really want one of these-ever since I tried triggering my old Yamaha RM-50 from the MD’s trigger outputs I’ve been thinking about getting one for something more modern and portable.

Also, thanks to @Baddcr for linking that Muffwiggler thread earlier-I’d been thinking about getting a ND2 to pair with a Trigger Riot, but it definetly sounds like I’d need more VCAs to really utilize it.

Hello folks,

I couldn’t get some of the thread to load for some reason, so might be repeating a question, and it is a stupid question - how does this actually work ithe A4?

Triggering it from the A4, for example, what does the Nord 2 then do, play a single note/beat or a sequence of some sort…? Can you set up a complex rythyms?

Cheers.

Each trigger input can trigger a single drum hit. Your Analog Four would perform the sequencing.

Thanks Peter, so I think the A4/Ak has 4 cv signals, so that’ll give you a pretty decent drum ‘kit’ on the ND2, nice!

1 Like

Can you control each CV out on the CV track on the a4?

I don’t have a lot of money and I found the ND2 on a special price for like 399 both pieces, the pad and the module.
It’s the only synth I have to make melodies because I sold my tetr4, and i use in my setup only OT+ND2 +MDUW

Here’s an example of ONLY THE ND2 being controlled by the OT.

Everything went through the OT, I only compressed it in Live. All reverbs are from the OT using DarkReverb and since I don’t have a big interface I literally recorded everything straight to the 1&2 inputs.
Also, it’s a sketch.

6 Likes