No MIDI output - ARRRRGGHHHHH

I too would be very interested in this. I cannot get the Minitaur and A4 to communicate via CV properly so MIDI out would solve that instantly.
Paying attention to Elektron’s business style over the years clearly shows they don’t like one product to step an another’s “shoes.” I can respect that. However, I am quite disappointed in having a combined total of nearly $3000 invested in an AR and A4 but would still need to spend at least $650 more for basic MIDI sequencing. Every box they have made (except the SID??) has some form of external MIDI except the Analog series. I truly hope they see the need for this feature in the Analog series. As for the time being, I now have my sights set on the MPC Live as I can’t see myself investing in the fairly dated Octatrack or the quite limited Digitakt to round out my hardware only setup.

Hopefully, your selfie will be the argument we’ve all been missing to convince Elektron to add midi sequencing support :aw: :cb: :panda:

1 Like

Not sure how they could be convinced… they know everyone wants it but they refuse to dedicate resources to implement it.

why can’t my toaster make coffee

1 Like

If you have nothing to say, why even post?

Oh for God’s sake someone please close this thread.

There. Is. No. MIDI. Sequencing. On. The. Analog. Machines.

It doesn’t matter ‘why’. There just isn’t. Elektron have said they will implement it if they can. It absolutely staggers me that if this was a deal-breaker for anyone they bought the box in the first place.

To get a rise out of the salty

You must be fun at parties.

Probably doesn’t stand in the corner asking why the brands of beer he wants haven’t been supplied on tap for him.

1 Like

What’s your evidence for this statement? The fact it hasn’t happened? Or do you have access to their calendars?

Well, Analog Four has been around since 2012, has digital sequencer and MIDI out port, but still doesn’t have MIDI sequencing. Do the math?

What ‘math’? There’s no ‘math’ involved.

The product was never advertised as having MIDI sequencing. The product has continued to sell. It has been updated with several brilliant features - Audio rate LFOs, conditional trigs, polyphony etc.

An Elektron employee has stated on this forum that it is no trivial matter to implement MIDI sequencing for technical reasons and has said that it is possible it will be implemented in the future if they get it to work. He also denied that they are holding back on doing it for commercial reasons - you have no reason to doubt that assertion, because you have no insider knowledge,

Elektron are well aware that there are a vocal minority who wish to see MIDI sequencing in the Analog boxes. Whinging like a baby about it doesn’t make out anymore likely or probable to appear, I should just get over it.

1 Like

Arguing with a fanboy is not much fun but anyway, it’s not a “vocal minority” and Elektron knows this. Simon from Elektron stated here that they are aware pretty much everyone would like to see midi sequencing in A4: MIDI OUT Confusion?

This was two years ago and we still haven’t seen the feature even though it would very much be possible to implement. I’ve done the math and to me that means Elektron refuses to dedicate resources to implement it even though it is a very much requested feature. To me, that makes Elektron seem arrogant.

[citation needed]

Olle from Elektron stated it in the Digitakt thread just couple of weeks ago. And it’s obvious without even stating it really.

Post it here please. Last I heard it wasn’t possible, ever, due to technical constraints.

Also, this feature was never promised so Elektron owes you nothing.

He most certainly did not say that. He said he didn’t know whether it was possible.

I’m afraid you really are talking from your backside here, mate.

EDIT: He actually used the phrase ‘not impossible’.

You’re still talking out of your backside as you have absolutely no idea how to do it, or whether or not it can be done with ease, or whether or not Elektron are holding out on you deliberately.

And in response to whether or not it is a vocal minority or not - put it this way, it is the illusion of the majority as people are far more likely to mention it if they object to it not being there. As for Simon saying he knew most people wanted it - well that’s a polite thing to say when people are complaining., But since you are so into ‘math’, you tell me this - if Elektron are so fully aware that everyone wants it, and it’s so damn easy to implement (by your reckoning) - why on earth do you think they haven’t done it? Because they are ‘arrogant’? You understand they are a business right? You seriously think if it were going to have such an enormous impact on their sales they wouldn’t have implemented it by now? You seriously think if the majority of people found it so crucial they would still be selling A4’s and RYTM’s?

Labelling me a ‘fanboy’ is just childish. The situation with MIDI sequencing is where it is. You don’t have to be a fanboy to accept it, you just have to be an adult.

I want probability trigs in the Octatrack, I will never get them. So I live happily without them. It can be done.

Here is what he actually said, in response to a poster like yourself who was claiming (without any reason) that it was a straightforward gimme:

"You are actually wrong about this one. There are obstacles making this really really difficult(not impossible). This is by no means a business decision.

I love you stuff and know how much knowledge you have about the units, but please stop this. It might be implemented if we succeed but we are not holding back because it will interfere with other products or sales."

This thread is a duplicate of the same old tired theories discussed elsewhere. There is obviously no movement on this presently and the reasons have been firmly presented and they are contrary to the lazy arguments brought out time and time again.

Elektron know this is a feature request. There’s been clear feedback.

There is no purpose in sustaining this old thread just to harbour continued arguments and pejorative name calling … refer to the feature request thread for +1s and details or visit the other threads on this, but please keep it civil

The formal way to ask for a feature request is not on the forum anyway, but needless to say this request is logged and the significant support for it isn’t lost on Elektron

1 Like