New mm user with a couple of questions

Just got the Monomachine and loving it so far.
Starting off by using it just for sounds and controlling it with an external midi controller.

There are 2 things that I’m trying to do with it that I can’t exactly figure out.
#1. I’d like to find a sound that I like on one of the tracks, and then use the track below it to add reverb or flanger. When I create an fx track though, I notice that the effect only works when I am using the internal sequencer. When I am playing back a midi sequence out of Ableton, the reverb will not show be audible. I believe that this is because the fx track needs to be triggered as well? How do I set this up so that l can use my midi in Ableton but still get the fx track to be audible?

#2. I’d like to be able to play my midi keyboard, and have access to any and all (at the same time) of the 6 tracks. So, if I play a single note on my keyboard, I would here each of the 6 tracks at the same time, or if I mute a track, then only the other 5, and so on. I tried this by using 6 different midi tracks in Ableton all set to different midi channels. This worked, but the problem was that even if I muted a track in the MM I would still get audio. So the only way to do what I wanted was to mute individual midi tracks in Ableton, and I am wondering if there is an easy way to do this within the MM.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Record a trigger on the track that has the FX machine. Set up the amp envelope as described on page A-12 of the manual. Ensure that the sequencer is running (if you like, you can set up the MM to synchronize with Ableton Live in the CONTROL IN menu).

Have you tried MULTI TRIG mode (page 41 of the manual)?

Perfect thanks!