New Elektron Box 2016

Indeed would be cool if it was elektronelektron takes on it

So you got me thinking about pyshical modelling, which only the md offers

That would be great with multi

So in essence An electro acoustic elektron

Elektron AE?..

3 Likes

1 Like

I still think something akin to the MX1 would be a smart move.
Here’s why.
They could created a mixing device with automation based sequencer, and insert effects per channel that had a totally Overbridge compatible USB audio interface.
This would make the OT, MD and MnM all Overbridge compatible for Audio streaming.

However I would love the see a MnM MkIII that added the following features -

1. 4 OP DX11 Style FM (with variable waveforms for Carrier and Modulator)
  2. Granular Sampler (similar the MicroGranny 2 with more advanced features)
  3. Additive Synthesis Engine
  4. More advance Drum Box Machine
  5. The ability to import sampled waveforms (multi-samples)
  6. A blend of analog and digital filters
  7. Wavetable synthesis
  8. The same styled sequencer as the OT
  9. 100% Overbridge Compatibility

Either that or an Elektron Unit that was a sequencer only for hardware and third party devices.

3 Likes

That would actually make great sense, and be awesome.

1 Like

its something like a digital polyphonic sample based / granular / wave type synth that chews any sound you throw into it and you can morph it however you like - something lke a Blofeld/Nord Wave on steroids

1 Like

If the next thing they make has CV outs, it would be great if they had some inputs as well. Got a Benjolin yesterday and it’s awesome using the AK joystick to modulate the CV ins, but it would be even better if I could send the rungler output back to the Elektron…

1 Like

The fact that we’re all middle-aged guys (@void) is another good reason to PUT A BIGGER SCREEN ON IT.

The A4’s tiny screen is the only reason I ever need to get my glasses out. If it wasn’t for Overbridge, I’d be stuck with the presets.

How about a decent-sized high-res OLED?

4 Likes

This is a great idea. A nice little portable suitcase with all the power and CV stuff built in.

Heheh… I solved this problem by building that IKEA stand that’s floating around. My face is right in front of the A4’s screen now. Perfect angle.

1 Like

I have NEVER liked PC/Mac based hardware editors but have to admit that the Overbridge Editor for the A4 is a freaking godsend programming wise. It feels like I was utilizing around 50% on the synth engines capability before using the OB Editor truth be told.
It just seems to have opened up a whole new world of sonic exploration for me and make the who synth feel new again.

3 Likes

I agree with @bugeats an Elektron performance mixer of some kind - like the Roland MX-1- but in a Dark Trinity style sized desktop unit would be insane and an instant buy.

1 Like

I used a magnifying glass on a stand for a while…

It’s absolutely essential. Everything is more accessible and programming Performance assignments is a piece of cake! :thup:

1 Like

Sex robot pls

4 Likes

Yes … with p-locks, song-mode and different synthesis models :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Instant buy for you, me, both chaps in my trio… and I’m sure we’re not the only ones. :okej:

Which stand? Mind posting a link?

Maybe they show up with a unfinished product at NAMM. However, i’d like to have a sneak preview :slight_smile:

I think the next one is going to be a boat with p-lockable sails.

2 Likes

An unabashedly digital synth, like the Monomachine, but with all of the modern conveniences, please! That would make me sell a kidney to buy one.

Or a sex robot would also be ok.

I hope they have reverse engineered Dataline and made an AI version of him that can program my Elektrons while I go grab a new beer. Two robot hands working lightning fast with a small inbuilt speaker saying stuff like “As you can see, with parameter locks, the possibilities are endless”, etc.

10 Likes