New Elektron Box 2016

Whatever it is, we need to start a feature request thread ASAP

12 Likes

Ha ha ha…

I think that this is an important point. I’m sure that the company wants to grow, but are they being asked to grow market share (with cheaper instruments that might reduce profit margins) or increase profits (more products at the same price level as before). The latter might be easier to handle.

Didn’t they already do that? Presumably this would be a re-booted Tokyo office.

1 Like

I’ve never met any of the Elektron staff, but the company has built its reputation on making stand-alone sound-making devices, rather than mixers, effects devices, or sequencers. I think it might also be more fun for them to make a new instrument.

So I say yes to a granular synth / sampler / oddball digital synth with analogue filters and full-bandwidth Overbridge capability.

The question in my mind is whether it comes in groovebox format or Eurorack format (or convertible like Moog Mother-32).

1 Like

There was that Swedish newspaper article (Göteborgs-Posten, 8 June 2015, http://www.gp.se/nyheter/ekonomi/musikföretaget-elektron-bryter-ny-mark-1.100100) that hinted that a new product was on the way for 2016.
Swedish newspaper article on Elektron

And the OP only said that “news” was coming later this year. An announcement/teaser could arrive at the end of 2016 with a demo and launch around Winter NAMM 2017.

1 Like

A chromatic sample based synth would be pretty badass

2 Likes

My vote is on coffee maker as well.

13 Likes

Well, a kind of revisited Monomachine would pretty amazing !
Something that really accepts it’s digital origins (Modor NF-1 style).

1 Like

they have had a big fat bald middle aged one, and I love them dearly

1 Like

I would just be happy with a new Octatrack. Better workflow, effects, Overbridge and that you can connect the Rytm and a4 via USB to it and still use the external inputs. That would be perfect.

2 Likes

…one more? :scream: right…this time i’m gonna get an OT, for real (well…funds permitting obviously :confused: )…regardless of what they come up with! :grin: (eermm…hoping it ain’t gonna be an OT2? :hushed::grin: )

I feel like, at this point in technology, we could have a MD/MnM hybrid with analog synthesis added on to it.

16 drum tracks
8 synth tracks
16 MIDI out tracks.

I’d be set. I’d sell both my MnM and MD for one box that did all of that.

2 Likes

It must be very hard for some at elektron to not reply to this post :innocent:

1 Like

I’m going to guess 8op FM synth that will load old DX patches.

4 Likes

This is what I think…
With current chip-power…
we can have an analog cirquit with a digital sampler sequencer (octatrack), drum computer (machinedrum) and synth (mnm) in one box…

1 Like

POLYMACHINE (PnM)

1 Like

Yeah… some sort of digital polysynth with different synthesis-option

Anyway… this would be my 4th box (if boxed:kissing_heart:)

But i would rather like to see a mixing/recording-device

I think next product will be a return campaign for non-working overhubs :confused:

1 Like

Dear Elektron,

Please, please don’t join the Tiny Gear bandwagon.

Plenty of companies are already catering for that sector of the market, but surely there is only so much Tiny Gear that the Tiny People who walk among us really need.

In fact I find the whole Tiny Gear concept brazenly er, racist towards us non-Tiny folk. I am a fecking giant and I want some Giant Gear please.

You are a Scandinavian company, meaning you are all at least six feet nine inches tall, and thats just your own Tiny People for starters, so it would literally not fit with your DNA, it would be a betrayal to make Tiny Gear.

I want to see units so large you need a handspan of at least 14 inches just to turn the knobs, and buttons you cant even press down unless you weigh at least 15 stone.

Thanks.

19 Likes