MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Thanks for the info … that’s great news :+1:

1 Like

i didnt know what is this <3
before googeling I wanted to think about it… an thought it is an ice-cream
but it;'s not :slight_smile:

not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but will 2.0 work with all 3rd party plugins? more specifically N.I Kontakt ?

AFAIK the software on the computer will, but not the MPC in stand-alonge mode.

i’m hoping i can use Kontakt in control mode, then bounce down when needed to work in standalone mode

Should work OK

Just read a comment on YouTube saying you can use the Live audio outputs as CV outputs instead too? Anyone know if that’s legit info?

Edit - the comment is from gear4music so prob legit. Pretty generous feature considering the X cv output was one of the main things I was a little ‘damn… That would be sweet on the Live’. But the X is just too big/unportable for what I mainly need right now. Doesn’t look like I’ll miss it tho if the Live has it too…

If these boxes are solid they’re next level bang for buck…

Found the ‘button’ in vid that prompted the original YouTube comments. In the vid at around 9.40. ‘CV’ as a track option :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s hope not or I’ll 100% end up getting a 0 coast to pair with my Blofeld…

1 Like

Looks legit info. Good news for my Dom1… Same wallet concern as you tho, ANOTHER reason to consider grabbing an 0-coast :confused:

Edit - on mpc forum some dude posted that he asked a beta tester about the CV thing. Word is no go. Apparently Gear4music were giving out bad info in the YouTube comments…

That’s exactly, how it has been demonstrated. The software allows third-pary plug-ins. Any track can be bounced and then transfered to the MPC for stand-alone work to follow :smiley:

Reckon I’m going to grab one at some point this year. Can’t decide on MPC-X vs. MPC-Live though. Maybe former, partly due to larger screen and ageing eye-sight?

1 Like

Check out, how you want to do your creative work on the machine and if you can make good use of the add-ons of the X, which are more midi-outputs, the CV-outputs, and all the buttons and knobs on the panel. I expect that both machines should come with the same sound quality and the same functionality as far as the touch-display is concerned.

Personally, I would get the X, because the interface is very similar to what I am used from my old MPC 5k :wink:

If portability, form factor and battery usage is of no concern, the X is the superior choice. Much more buttons, OLED qlinks, CV, proper mic pres, better specced converters. OTOH you can almost buy two lives for the price of one X

3 Likes

But for now … she’s like the wind :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

they both are :sob:

1 Like

:joy:

On the Akai MPC forum there’s some nasty rumour which I won’t repost here for the sake of our mental health.

@Tease @BlueBalls @AkaiGetYourShitInOrderOrIllCancelMyPreorder

Were did you read that the pre’s & converters are different on both machines :sketchy:

Come on, spill the beans.