MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

End of april

1 Like

I enjoy this thread very much :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

surely the funniest youtube video on the new mpc,sā€¦funny after scouring the internet the best youtube video was the one on this forum from the music festival in hollandā€¦all andy macs demos are are extremely underwhelming ā€¦same flat liner tech house with the same tedious rhianna accappella.

Have you heard one good demo on a device or dawā€¦ one time ? I guest depends of music genre you afterā€¦ but I never heard one demo like something when you said shit I will export that and play in my dj setā€¦ (like never happened one time since decadesā€¦)

1 Like

ps. not being negative the new m.p.c looks awesome and will be amazing sequencing elektron gear ā€¦although i have to say at least elektron is fairly faithful to its users with features, updates etcā€¦although they kill us with the price lolā€¦akai thoughā€¦man.! not very cool towards there users and fanbaseā€¦massive population of which are hiphop artist ,who want to hear andy mac demoā€¦the beats for grit and boom bap to see how they compare to the older m.p.c,s for sound ā€¦showing all these watered down tech house demos with riahnna vocals seems to be a massive disservice to the huge hiphop users and fan base that are desperate to hear it in its boom bap sonicsā€¦

1 Like

The fact ā€˜herā€™ so called ā€˜voiceā€™ is used has kept me from watching any video on the mpc, Iā€™d rather listen to my loved ones being tortured by Richard Ramirez.

boom bap sonics?

Although this beat no doubt uses the included sample content, so this will not give you any idea how sampling thru the new MPC will actually soundā€¦ But Iā€™m sure it will disappoint any MPC 60/3k heads :troll:

1 Like

OT is back in stock at elektron for those who donā€™t wait and havenā€™t got :slight_smile:

tsutek you,ve saved the day and the night,that demo was,.right. way more on the money ā€¦and thank d lord no dreaded rhianna accapellaā€¦i stand corrected ā€¦and maybe connected now to getting one these thanks to your video uploadā€¦amazing how in the whole of the internet checking out the m.p.c,s on youtube the best demos have been right here on the electron forumā€¦elektron rocks ā€¦lolā€¦

1 Like

BUT, have you noticed the last line?

OT 2 confirmed!!!

What???Where???

Still no facts on this :wink:

Releasing an OT2 right now would be pissing on the digitakt. Iā€™d take any rumours of an OT2 right now with a large grain of salt. Maybe in a few years, but certainly not this year.

1 Like

It was a jokeā€¦

1 Like
4 Likes

That work flow of going into plug-ins, pulling the sound and then jumping into standalone actually seems MUCH better than I had originally considered it <3

The addition of the touch screen along with the pads makes this seem like it perfectly suited for either programming your songs or performing them in(whichever you prefer, whenever you prefer).

Iā€™m trying REALLY hard to get a promotion. This X will be mine someday!

1 Like

Iā€™ll be bummed out if we cannot use an ext 4x4 rotary controller for q-link control with the live. I really like the fact that the X has these, but the X is just too darn big for me.

1 Like

Thinking exact same thing here after watching that X video.

I think, the problem will be going for and back between stand-alone and controller mode. For one the video shows, how we can go off-line with a project and it is, as explained by Andy in one of the interviews, by freezing the track. Itā€™s great that this is available.

But there was an other scene, at loading the project to the MPC, where he seemed to disable the ā€œplug-in tracksā€. Now my question is ā€¦ has he cut the links to the plug-ins such that they are lost, or can they be recoverd easily, after going back on-line again, when in the time between we have continued to work on the track?

The plugins will be there when you go back. The vst track and settings will remain.

3 Likes