Moving Patterns Between Projects

So for the past few months I have been sketching out a load of different song ideas, saving them all individually to a new project each time. Now, I need to combine the final sketches of each song in to 1 main live set project, however, it would seem that this isn’t as straightforward as I had hoped.

The only threads I could find talking about this were several years old. Is there any fairly simple way to move patterns from 1 project to another within the same set?

Thank you,
Pete

1 Like

Octaedit? I never used it but i think It’s done, among other things, for that…
there’s a lot of threats that talks about this software.

Thank you. Really strapped for cash right now so would be preferable to find a method that didn’t need me to spend more money. Will look in to this though, thank you

I understand it perfectly…the only option imho, is to do it manually, coping and paste all you want through projects…ardous task, i know, but possible…
maybe another option it’s changing files from CF card in your computer…I never did so I can’t talk about…

If this is an option it isn’t so, I didn’t realize I could simply copy and paste patterns between projects, will give it a go this afternoon.

Thank you

1 Like

I did it for 2 projects. You can copy banks on the CF if you have several patterns / parts.
Collect Samples, Purge Samples, make corresponding slots…

Do mean you did it via the OT CF when connected to the computer? Just copied them across? Thank you

I even copied banks with Ot’s File Manager.
Much easier with a computer.

Octaedit, or coffees.

Hi fellow Elektronauts

I’m using the OT for so many years now, I’m using it even more than ever, as for stage performance or studio. So yes I’m doing a lot of tunes with the OT but there’s still one thing that makes me really sad :
moving patterns with parts and samples from a project to another.

So I know you can copy / paste the data banks, but you still have to reconstruct manually the part, aka reload and re-assign samples (and eventually check if there are not loaded two times)
It’s very boring, you need to use a pen and stuff, it’s humiliating.

I did buy and use Octaedit, which is a very boring, unfinished, hardly reliable, piece of software, even for 99USD. But as far as I know, there’s no other software that can do this, so it is still the best software option.

Last thing I can think about is to use strictly the same sample list for all the projects supposed to be able to swap patterns/parts. It’s very limiting as you can not add new samples ever.

Does anyone would have other strategies and could share ?

Cheers !

1 Like

That’s the main feature crucially missing on the OT.

After all these years, this should be considered as a basic function, not even a feature to beg for.

1 Like