Moog mother or behr model d sound

The tolerances probably are all better than Moogs, because Moog does it by hand…

I don’t have any doubts about these sounding good, and also no doubts excellent music can be made with them.

1 Like

Cyril Lance joined the current Moog Music in 2005. Minimoog was designed in 1970 by a company called R.A.Moog (that Bob Moog left in 1977 and that eventually went bankrupt in 1986). So mr. Lance doesn’t have anything to do with designing Minimoog, and surely didn’t envision its circuitry.

1 Like

Behringer have done a great job at exceeding expectations, and for that i say yay for them. Also, they made a brilliant decision in purchasing Midas, and those guys are the reason Deepmind actually sounds moderately awesome (along with the inclusion of TC Electronics sound effects).

Anyway, talking of bass sounds, how about the Minitaur … i would like to layer that with some other cool mid-spectrum synth for big boisterous minimal and imaginative bass lines.

1 Like

I guess I’m not going to go any further with this other than at least clarify that the circuits I was referring to weren’t the ones from the mini moog, they were later ones, it’s in the video that I linked up there, it’s a really cool video I honestly think you’d like it…

Anyway, I don’t want to make a big deal or get nitpicky over details, I just think Moog’s good peeps, that’s all…
Take care…

2 Likes

I’ve been eyeing off the minitaur for a few years now. Such a lovely bass sound :heart:

1 Like

Yeah in a nutshell Moog’s awesome, Behringer sux :joy:

Thanks to Behringer, I can have authentic Minimoog sound for $299. I think that’s awesome. I would use a different word to describe a company that asks $3499 for it.

1 Like

New Moog Model D emulation, $4.99 :slight_smile:
https://www.moogmusic.com/news/introducing-minimoog-model-d-app

5 Likes

Thanks to Moog*, I can have an authentic Minimoog sound for $5*. I think that’s super-awesome* I would use that* word to describe a company that asks $5* for it.

:smiley:

6 Likes

They must really want you to spend that $3500… That’s why they offer an emulation for $5…
Oh wait… :thinking:

3 Likes

Like anything in life you get what you pay for

G.A.S., Cash, or Grass, nobody jams for free? :thinking:

Actually, overpricing is a thing that exists. Just like good deals. I gave examples of both in my post.

1 Like

Different quality products demand different price points

I have had minimoog sound in software form for almost 20 years. One would think people in this forum understand the benefits of hardware…:sunglasses:

What? Like hammers and screws? Sorry- I’m a MUSICIAN not a CARPENTER!

3 Likes

Are you sure you are not a comedian? Your jokes are some of the funniest I’ve seen!

3 Likes

I thought it was funny
Nice work Ryan :joy:

1 Like

It s just me or the Boog sounds a little harsh, not so mellow, kind of metallic compared to Mother 32?

3 Likes

It’s just you.

1 Like