MnM Synth Effects?

So, I just got a monomachine recently and something I’m very stuck on is how to put effects on the tracks (like ringmod, flanger and reverb.) I just don’t get it! a full explanation on how to add effects would be very much appreciated! (p.s. Yes, I have checked the user manual and it doesn’t really make to much sense to me. I’ll read it in the meantime though.)

Effects use up a track, they do not get applied on top of synth tracks. They utilize the internal routing to send synth tracks through them. The can be routed using neighbor meaning the previous track is sent through the effect or you select the internal specific buses to send and receive.

For instance I usually set a reverb on track six with input set to internal bus ab and output to oupUT ab. Then i can route the output of the other synth tracks to internal ab, which is the reverb track.

Additionally triggers need to be set on the effect track to activate it. Generally you can set a trigger on the first step with a long hold/decay and the effect will be applied to the whole pattern. Fun can be had sequencing and plocking different parameters on the effects track too.

Hope this helps.

12 Likes

thank you so much! it’s really late at night where I am right now but I’ll try it tomorrow. :grinning:

but you have to set the Decay to its highest and the Release to its lowest on the Amp page, otherwise it will not fully work. that’s what jefones forgot to mention.

3 Likes

sadly, it didnt work for me
i’ve tried everything so i might just not use effects :frowning_face:

hi @uniquesynthesis

i feel your pain, it can be hard for kinaesthetic learners to wrap their heads around the elektron workflow. pages 81-86 of the monomachine manual reveal all you want to know here but understand it’s not appropriate for all.

would you be interested in a video call talking you through the process? get in touch via DM on here if so.

2 Likes

Honestly, the first time I used effects a friend walked me through the process over the phone. It was crazy confusing at first but once I had the personal walkthrough it made it seem easy. Effects on the monomachine are well worth learning to use and help the unit get super deep.

In the next couple days I will attempt to to do a more comprehensive step by step to use an fx track. Unless someone else does first.

2 Likes

In the meantime, maybe this is helpful?

1 Like

yes please!! omg that would help so much!! :grinning: :revolving_hearts:

I watched that today, it didn’t really make any sense because it was sampling, not putting effects on like, fm+ or bbox for an example.

@uniquesynthesis here you go, huge production values on this video, youtube compression didn’t really help with seeing the screen clearly but still, hope it helps.

edit: worth adding, in globals your mix bus should be default AB mix main outs etc (just in case it’s been changed)

another edit: you don’t need to turn off the AB output from your source channels if you want a mix of the dry single and (100% wet mix) from your fx channels. this vid really scratches the surface of what you can do with FX on this device and is for demo purposes only.

5 Likes

thank you so much!!! if it would be okay, if you where thinking about deleting the video could you not?? :grinning: i might need to use it in the future haha.

1 Like