Midi Mute

Hi all, just wondering has anyone else here encountered an issue with not being able to mute midi tracks? Maybe it’s just a corrupted project I’m in but when I press function and the track or mute trigs… the melody keeps on playing to my external synth. The l.e.d’s are yellow signifying mute but they aren’t muted, Anyone know if there’s something simple I’m overlooking here.

Thanks

It’s been a while since I’ve used the OT sequencer as I usually use the Sub 37 sequencer so it may be something simple I’m doing wrong here but when using the OT to sequence an external synth, the mute button does nothing, the synth keeps receiving the midi seq. Without having to spend ages digging through the OT manual can anyone tell me if this is something simple I’m missing or a bug?

@Rusty Did you ever resolve the multi-track muting problems that you reported at one point?

1 Like

No

No one else out there had any issues with this? Or resolution? I can’t even mute on the mixer menu, thebuttons don’t even change color there

i had this issue once, IIRC it had something to do with “cueing” the tracks i think… but that could have been just audio not MIDI

theres also a strange parameter in the personalize settings:

MUTE FOCUSES TRACK will when checked make a track active when being muted
through pressing [FUNCTION] + [TRACK].

but no i usually have no problem muting MIDI tracks… and Ive used many other external devices with the OT

1 Like

Yea that doesn’t seem to be the issue. I’ve raised a ticket but can’t seem to get a response from Elektron about this.

I just ran into this issue but it might not be the same one. Not sure how I arrived but I was able to put a a midi track into Solo mode. To see go to the mixer section by pressing Mixer and notice an S! which conversely looks like a 5 on your unmutable midi track. :slight_smile:

From the OT Manual:

It is possible to solo tracks by pressing [CUE] + the [TRIG] keys corresponding to the
tracks you want to solo. A solo’ed track is indicated by a green LED and the letter “S”. Unsolo a track by repeating the button combination. Tracks that will be audible once all tracks are unsolo’ed are indicated by half bright red LEDs and dotted squares. The LEDs of tracks muted before the solo operation will be unlit. When exiting the solo mode these tracks will stay muted. Muted tracks being solo’ed will revert to their muted status once solo mode is exited.

4 Likes

This is the answer, thanks for sharing! Wondered why I couldn’t mute my MIDI!!