Midi controller for a4 mk2

hello , im planning to buy midi controller for a4 to have acess lfo , envelopes and some parameters without menu diving , any recommendations ?

Trade in for an AK would be my number one recommendation

1 Like

How many separate 0-127 CCs do you want to able to control? I’m not too familiar with the A4 but I have a Faderfox UC4 for my OT which is great for levels and some other stuff.

lol why?

Because the keyboard is integrated into the A4 concept in a very deep yet efficient way, more so than your average midi controller.

1 Like

Maybe an old Novation SL mk2? (or mk1)

These can be had for very cheap and they have lots of knobs and can be programmed on the unit itself. (also I believe someone on this forum made a template for the Analog 4 for it)

I just bought one myself, but haven’t had the time to dig in.

1 Like

The Perf controls give you 10 dials controlling up to 40 parameters. Do you need a dedicated controller?

2 Likes

yeah i iknow but i dont like perf macros behavior so im lookin dadicated controller with faders and knobs. i think faderfox is really cool for that but its too expensiveđź« 

hmm, what perf macros behavior dont you like?

Hard to beat the Novation REMOTE series as posted above. Cheap and good build quality, easy to set up and use.
The older silver ones are actually better hardware if you can find one in good shape.
The older ones have 4 dedicated “func” buttons on the surface. It’s like having quick access to 4 banks of midi mappings

2 Likes

I was about to answer Faderfox MX12 but, as you say, it’s really expensive (700€ !).
But maybe the Faderfox UC4 could do the job ? 8 faders and 8 knobs, still 350€.

Imo this another workflow. Perf macros need to be set previously, not great to improvise tweaking on the fly and it doesn’t replace a dedicated midi controller with faders to take care of the track levels.