Manifold - For The Octatrack (iOS App)

Nice, make sure you set the FX Types in the app. It relies on that for any intelligent randomization / design. Else, you might get wild values (max Distortion, etc)…which is not bad, but not as musical most of the time.

yeah, there was a message about that…
will take a look at that :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answers everyone… I shall continue to follow this thread with interest…

I have avoided MIDI for years now, I guess it is time to make room in the cranial attic for more knowledge… it is such a mess in there…

Might be pie-in-the-sky… but if you could do a midi-keyboard mode for playing slices with an external keyboard, passed through a mode in this app, I would personally roast you some specialty coffee.

Edit: Buying this the moment I get home to my iPad.

3 Likes

Only the things listed in the back of the manual are addressable via MIDI. I don’t think slice triggering is available, only what is listed in “C.1 Note Mappings”. The small keyboard in the app just triggers the chromatic notes. I just got the OT so I may be wrong.

I could do so much more if Elektron would at least allow you to set FX Types via MIDI, and even more if they implemented the Pattern / PLock sysex from the RYTM / A4.

could maybe use one of this for that

it’s nice to see more and more tools coming from the community :grin:

4 Likes

oh…should have actually been a reply to this message :open_mouth:

Can you make it work on iPhone x? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The interface would be way too cramped, but I could look into having the future performance stuff and the mixer be available on both.

2 Likes

So… I would take one of these and connect it to my iPad: apple accessory: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter

Then connect to the T4 via usb.

Forgive my ignorance, but now what? I see the T4 is called a “thru box”. When I read that, I interpret it to mean it provides 4 MIDI output streams from an iOS app… so my OT would end up connected via MIDI in for one-way communication into the OT.

I fear I am missing something and use of the cam. adapter and T4 provide 2-way communications between iPad and instrument (OT, DT).

Any words of insight would be welcomed.

Thanks for what must be elementary clarification.

IMO, I think this is the easiest thing https://www.amazon.com/iConnectivity-mio-1-out-MIDI-Interface/dp/B00CO5IRSG …basically a USB to MIDI cable that acts as a host as well.

iPad w/ USB kit -> MIO -> OT

5 Likes

yes, the T4 would give you four MIDI outputs; you could use one of those to connect it to the MIDI input of the OT but you would still need to find a way to connect the OT back to the computer over MIDI so mm…

Thank you…

1 Like

@mekohler you hit another walk-off grand slam!
I can’t wait to get my bunker set up again to use this app.
Congratulations on your stunning output!

Many thanks :baseball:

2 Likes

@mekohler

Thank you for all the time and energy you’ve sunk into these inspiring apps.

With regards to the next update, I’m guessing we can use that functionality to start/stop Pickup Machines right?

The next update is a new mode for performance, the one after that I will have to make a pickup machine / recording view. I haven’t implemented any of those commands because I have yet to use a pickup machine (haha, like I said I just got the OT). That’s part of the reason I need feedback for automation or workflow features (that can be done via MIDI).

1 Like

Thank you! Look forward to following development and testing out the features.

I’m quite interested in this… although I would love to see some video demos first - I can’t fully understand some of the features… any chance you can do something like that?

For the next update I can take a mini video.

2 Likes

I cant get it to work on my MkI. Are there any settings one must make on the OT for it to work?