Machinedrum macros?

Is there any function on the machinedrum where I can set up a performance macro (like the A4 has) such that one knob can affect 2 knobs simultaneously? I want to try some wavetable/granular stuff with the rom machines, but I think I need to be able to lock the ‘start’ and ‘end’ parameters together. I looked at CTR-8P, but I think you can only program one knob at a time with that, no? I suppose could p-lock them together, but that sounds tedious.

No. You would need to use an external controller to get that kind of functionality.

Nope. But I think another batch of Minicommands are being made which might help.

Also, I know there’s a thing called SMD that people are making. Might be primarily for the MnM, might be usable for the MD, though.

@guga info?

1 Like

thanks for mentioning the SMD Ryan :relaxed:
the SMD is a standard MIDI controller which means it can be used with anything that speaks MIDI so there wouldn’t be problems in this case to use it with the MD
here’s the thread on the forum and main website for more info :relaxed:
i hope this help

1 Like

@Zman what you need is the cheap, simple, magnificent @guga’s SMD device !!

EDIT : damn. I was too slow…

3 Likes

:grin::relaxed: :control_knobs:

edit: …and of course, thanks to you as well LyingDalai, much appreciated :relaxed:

while the above suggestions would probably work fine, let me ask you this: are you going to be changing the parameter values of both knobs at the same rate?

i ask because with a little practice, it’s not too hard to get good at twisting two adjacent knobs at a time, even with one hand. i do this all the time with ctr-8 machines. if you’re going to be changing their values in different directions and/or at varied rates, a controller’s likely what you need … but if your grains or waves are set up essentially as fragments / slices of a far longer loop, give this approach a try.

Thanks everyone. I’ll take a look at the SMD to see what it’s capable of, but that seems pretty promising.

@Ryan, what are these mini commands of which you speak? I may have missed the boat somewhere, but I’m not familiar.

Yes – to start with, I just want to be able lock the two parameters together, say 1-2 ticks apart, and be able to cycle through harmonic components of a larger sample. This would also be helpful in pulling specific notes from, say, a guitar or drum loop, or to select phonemes from a vocal sample to construct rhythmic gibberish.

Ruin & Wesen MiniCommand