Love my A4 mk2

Curious for someone to compare the sound of the AK to the A4mk2.

1 Like

I’m having a rough go with the thing. But I’ve never touched one in my life. I’m following the ask video series and on the loading kits video, there are no kits to select. It’s empty. So I guess I have to go into the + drive, select sounds and load them into the sound pool?

MK1 can be had for 700 euros, not sure if I can justify more than double the price for the MK2.

Is the sound THAT much better?

I just got my MKII on Saturday. I will be sticking with it as I really love it - the new circuitry sounds lovely, display is nice, layout really much more intuitive. Is it worth double the price of the MKI? In my opinion no.

1 Like

That is for you to decide based on what your ears tell you, how useful you find the additional controls, the individual outs and whether you expect a significant benefit from an enhanced Overbridge that is neither there yet nor free, and how much €700,- are to you. Of course you have to factor in the fact that your used MK I may be out of warranty and that the MK II could get new features MK I won’t. Personally, I prefer the sound and the handling of the MK II over the MK I, but then I have already spent the money and have to tell myself it’s been worth it.

7 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: A4 mk2 OS 1.30A : Bug reports

Agreed, especially on the “well, I spent the money so…” part. Unfortunately there’s really no way a lot of people can get their hands on one to hear the subtle differences - Cuckoo’s videos and others on YouTube do help a bit though.
For me, not having to constantly menu dive has been great. I really just used my A4MKI with Overbridge since I was so annoyed with having to hit function and whatever to get to a certain command. Since I don’t have that crutch anymore, the section with the SND and PTN buttons has been wonderful.

In return for the time being we don’t have Overbridge anymore :D. With regards to A/B testing, if no music store is nearby, order from a vendor with a return policy that suits you.

A4’s mellow

https://soundcloud.com/djadonis206/2017_1107_a

2 Likes

Well, shoot me, cause I just pulled the trigger on one of these. With some luck, it’ll be mine on Friday.

6 Likes

Still love my mk I to death, along with the heat it’s all I need.

3 Likes

At some time I’m gonna extract your reasoning and ambivalence - it’s such an intriguing story. :pen: :totes: :thup:

3 Likes

And to think you Elektronauts only get a fraction of the real story :slight_smile:

There’s a lot more method to the madness than you’d think, though. It’s the very opposite of ambivalence, but rather a tireless pursuit.

I’ll buy you a coffee at one point and tell you all about it. We’re almost neighbours, after all.

1 Like

You have me intrigued, Sir!

1 Like

“Hi, I’m <enter name>. I’m an addict.”

:smiley:

I have to state that I also love my A4 mk2 a lot !
Sound is nothing alike mk1. Hate or love. I love it.

Read somewhere that it sounds like a Jupiter 6? Is this right? If so, I will be all over it!

As mad men often do :slight_smile:

1 Like

So no one has both to put the words “different” into sound clips? As far as I can see they changed the ladder filter, is there much more to it ?

For now I have nothing because my Music Store will sent me when they have the Rytm MK2… But when the last samurai is released I will receive OT MK2, A4 MK2 and AR MK2

Result : I CAN’T WAIT… :stuck_out_tongue:

So the TM-2 might actually be the “drum sampler” I’m looking for! I’m assuming you could just load up your own samples on the SD card and trigger them via the OT, then you could route the audio through an OT channel for processing?

1 Like