Love my A4 mk2

So no one has both to put the words “different” into sound clips? As far as I can see they changed the ladder filter, is there much more to it ?

For now I have nothing because my Music Store will sent me when they have the Rytm MK2… But when the last samurai is released I will receive OT MK2, A4 MK2 and AR MK2

Result : I CAN’T WAIT… :stuck_out_tongue:

So the TM-2 might actually be the “drum sampler” I’m looking for! I’m assuming you could just load up your own samples on the SD card and trigger them via the OT, then you could route the audio through an OT channel for processing?

1 Like

Sound is that different?

Yes

When will you come and see by yourself ? :wink:

2 Likes

When my bike is ready to ride 115 km ! :wink:
(2 cars to repair, or buy)

3 Likes

I love my A4 MKI and I don’t want to hear mk2 is better. :expressionless:

5 Likes

I think I need to hear one with my own ears.

1 Like

Right… It was a joke. They sound exactly the same !
:see_no_evil:

When your car is repaired, tell me so that I put a few beers in the fridge ! :beers:

1 Like

From the Cuckoo comparison extracting…i had the Impression that MK2 is not better, just different. And main difference are ladder filter and overdrive. So it boils down to a Moog Sub37 vs. Moog Subsequent37 comparison…

4 Likes

Interesting video. I checked it quickly before your post but with a “no bass at all” computer…

Headphones with Bass Response recommend

1 Like

I’ve had a Sub37 for some time, and have played the Subsequent 37 a few times now, for this comparison. There’s a difference, and you don’t need comparison videos to tell if you’re familiar with the Sub37, but it’s the same thing - just refined.

Granted, my experience with the A4 and AKeys is limited. But I feel the MKI and MKII are different. The tweaks just influence so much all over the place, it becomes sonically something else.

I doubt the Subsequent will convert any nay-subbers, whereas I’m sure the A4MKII will sway a bunch of nay-A4:ers.

However, I agree with the sentiment that the MKII is not sonically better. It’s different. I can see a case for both and wouldn’t rush out to get an MKII before I’ve thoroughly tried it, if I loved my MKI.

4 Likes

“better” is subjective in any case. From what I’ve heard, I like the Mk2 sound better. Of course, I’m relying on Youtube videos and other online sources to listen to the Mk2 which brings it’s own baggage but to my ears, it just seemed to have a more pleasing vibe to it. A better growl for want of a better word and less vanilla.

I don’t need one but boy do I want one!

1 Like

I sold my MK I the minute MK II arrived. I haven’t done any A/B testing. What I can say is that I’ve spent a couple of nights with the MK II and I like what I get out of it. I didn’t get the MK II because I found the MK I lacking, to be honest it didn’t even get that much use and I didn’t create anything lasting with. I got the MK II out of curiosity and because I’m a sucker for Elektron stuff, especially when it’s brand new. So far I’m happy.

6 Likes

My MK2 is louder and sounds more full than my old MK1. But those are just mine. Yours may be different

going to save up to grab one by years end i think. The demos on the elektron soundcloud have me sold.

Hope those are unprocessed clips, i know i can get my Mk1 sounding pretty damn good with some post processing but the filter/overdrive sound much smoother/refined compared to my mk1.

Been tempted by rev2 peak etc but no multi timbral no care :smiley:

How are the drum sounds on the new mkii? Noticeably better with the bigger bass and angrier sound?

Yeerrr but it’s not really part of the black Trinity.