Live Sampling primer

OK, so I have had my way around the OT for a couple a months, pretty much learned/used everything but live sampling.
I usually have all 8 tracks used in compositions I want to perform live. I would like to run the process by you to see if I have the general idea from this point:
Even though I do not have a “free track”, I can still use a track recording buffer. So I do not need ‘delete’ anything.
Set up input(s) for desired sampling, gain, vol., beforehand in this case, and recording setup. I will only be inputting a stereo synth into AB.
In performance, go back into record setup and trigger recording, length 16. It is now in a track buffer.
Now, I choose a track that already has trigs/locks, etc. and simply assign the buffer sample to the track and corresponding buffer sample will be trigged/plocked as such?
Now, from this point, recording over this same buffer, essentially will instantaneously replace with new sample?

Yep. Slices may be different.

Yep.

You can also load a sample instead of the recording buffer (Recording 1-8 slot > right arrow), make your settings, then record.

1 Like

Thanks, at first it seems intimidating but once things are memorized a bit…now on to practice and adding the muscle memory.
It would also save a couple tracks space on the mixer, which basically I was trying to visualize my new live setup… alas, it was time to utilize more of the OT.

Resampling to free tracks ?

Sure. I was using loopers before but OT’s recording / playing / mangling possibilities are so impressive that it took me a few…:thinking: years to feel confortable with it !

These days I’m working on my Quadjacks stuff, with 8 recorders :
T1-4 for ABCD inputs
T5 for CUE (T1-4 for fx)
T6 for T5 (Neighbor with pitch)
T7 for MAIN and all performance recording
T8 for MAIN transition loop
INABCD Jacks sampling challenge :loopy:

I guess I need a 2nd OT to have 8 notes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: