Exploding Shed (LeafAudio) Microphonic Soundbox [was: Help me find a post on elektronauts]

Well I try to find a post about an instrument. I rewind all threads until 30 days but don’t find it.
The instrument is a wooden box (diy construction), with a kamba/lamelphone/sanza style instrument screws on it, springs, and metal stick played with violin bow, sand paper glue on the box. There’s a preamp and piezo inside. This is not the koma field recorder.
It’s sold 169euro.
I have all those details and still can’t find it on the site.
Thanks for help.

The instrument, you described is probably the Leaf Audio Microphonic Soundbox, but I can’t find any posts about it either.

2 Likes

The description made me think of Koka Nikoladze creations but I don’t think he sell any.

4 Likes

This is it !
Thanks a lot for speed answer :slight_smile: Did you bought it/use it/ know it ?

1 Like

Nice one, I will look for more details about it.
Thanks for you answer.

2 Likes

No. I’ve never had one myself, but at some point was really interested in getting one too. Would be a great pair for an OT or a DT. Now I accidentally watched the Koka’s Soundtrack Box -video and started salivating. Genius stuff.

2 Likes

I was asking myself wether bought it or construct such kind of box, but my poor electronic skills and knowledge don’t permit the diy from scratch.
So, maybe i’ll be able from this kit to construct my own instrument.

2 Likes

Yeah, this guy is a genius. Look at his beat machines. If only he’d sell them. But it’s like some piece of art.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve just published a demo video. Maybe you find it interesting.

4 Likes

Thanks for vid.
I just bought one. Very happy to try it and make some horror moovie music :scream:
That with my OT will be fun.
Looking forward to test it.

1 Like

yes!! On my list for sure, next year!

1 Like

Yes, my idea too + Lyra8/Mercury7 on the other input pair. :ghost:

1 Like

It will be horrific :joy:

1 Like

The soundbox + a good reverb alone are already enough to get sounds for days. Once you start looking around the house for things to use besides its original purpose to create sounds there is no coming back anymore :wink:

1 Like

Exactly what i was thinking. I already want to modify it to my taste (i wil add some few other sound generator with wood and metal).
:yum:

Wow, the mk2 version is really intriguing!

Haven’t felt gear-lust in a while, but this is super enticing.

Thanks for the post!

MK1 soundbox all over this:

1 Like