Kind of feeling burned

Less talking, more music, please! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Less wihning.

ehhh, yeah, adults!

(Foto by Maggiejumps, Flickr)

its kinda funny, people get bummed and somehow like they were cheated if a company makes a new but similar product,

the ak is great if u want a keyboard, its close to the a4 but costs more and has more features.

gonna go complain to ford that they dared to make a new model? with improvements?

the a4 is great, i love mine, it is what it is…

or

if it is new, they bitch n moan that it sucks, os sucks, “why cant they make a normal piece”, then after a while its accepted for what it is,

i dont recall the ot was very loved in the begging either,

^seriously… The OT had much bigger problems when it was released, that they have mostly solved with OS updates. If a mkII came out with stereo outs per track, it would be killer, but its not stopping me from making music I like with its current four outputs.

Think I’ll wait until the new OS drops, who knows the A4 may be doomed to a life of unison :wink:

honestly this has become a typical electronic forum, just utterly terrible and a complete waste of time
wish we could go back to the Eu forums

Agreed!

I reported posts to the moderators to no avail. Tried to read and participate, but I get annoyed by certain posts.

To the old fart that I am becoming the whole internet is saturated with trolls, GAS and consumerism. I am behaving worse and worse on social media lately, an unwanted change due to the behaviour of others on sites and fora I used to enjoy to be a part of.

Grumpy, beaten and dissapointed I hardly ever visit this forum, while on EU I felt right at home and among other things, it helped shape my husc-ensemble to what we are today! I met lovely, unique and beautiful people through elektron-users and most of them are still here!

So what’s the problem? I think it’s the tone and aggression, a lack of simple respect and punctuation.

But it will never change and the best solution seems to just “walk away, son”.

Wow DA. You are such a stand up guy. Very mature and macho. Being called a smart-ass really warranted that response. I won’t provoke because your words really frightened me in to silence because you are obviously so awesome, cool, and way better than me.

It must be real nice to own all that top notch gear. A Virus, a Tempest and from what I remember a lot more than that. I make enough to own a couple of Elektron products and some lower range synths that I need to save for between purchases. I need to make as much of it as I can. I have done nothing but enjoy the A4 and I defy to find one actual complaint I have made about an Elektron product. Having those separate outs on the A4 would have been great for me and I am a little bothered that essentially the same product came out a year latter with the feature I always wished for the A4. I certainly would have waited.

I do not think I am a complainer for stating I am little bothered by ONE thing and I state it. Whatever, I will certainly think twice about saying anything negative about an Elektron product and I will certainly hold back from ever saying any positive about a lot of you.

Done here.

There are 8 tap points on the board for track outs - in good time you’ ll maybe have an option to have a breakout box - even i’m tempted too, but i’ll do my own version for the fun when all the dust has settled on issues with that. So, at least it looks promising that some of that wish can come true. Turn your attention to Elektron and see if they’ll support that mod by allowing the software for the outs (if any) to be included in the A4 !

what’s in the red box ? :wink:

Avan-, I like your persona on here. You are always positive and helpful.

i try, but i fail from time to time - i’m just unashamedly in love with the a4 #abitbiased

A lot of irrelevant posts removed. Dionysiananarchy: tone it down. Your view on ethics and use of language are irrelevant for this thread. Also, actively encouraging drama in threads going haywire things just for the fun of it - which you admitted you liked - is contra-productive.

Kudos to all of you who keep the on-topic discussion going.

The only thing lame with the a4 that I got was the chipped paint action. But it’s not a big deal. I didn’t buy the machine so that looked pretty I bought the machine because of the sound that it makes and I Newfull well before buying the machine what I was getting into because I looked on the Internet watched videos and look at the specs. Oh and plus one on the free plus drive upgrade that were going to gets for free is going to be the shit snd the new operating system for the A4 I’m sure is going to be rad . Don’t feel burned other companies will do you without Vaseline.

Agreed!

I reported posts to the moderators to no avail. Tried to read and participate, but I get annoyed by certain posts.

To the old fart that I am becoming the whole internet is saturated with trolls, GAS and consumerism. I am behaving worse and worse on social media lately, an unwanted change due to the behaviour of others on sites and fora I used to enjoy to be a part of.

Grumpy, beaten and dissapointed I hardly ever visit this forum, while on EU I felt right at home and among other things, it helped shape my husc-ensemble to what we are today! I met lovely, unique and beautiful people through elektron-users and most of them are still here!

So what’s the problem? I think it’s the tone and aggression, a lack of simple respect and punctuation.

[/quote]
Couldn’t have put it better myself.
That said, in all reality when you buy hardware you know at some point it generally gets superseded by another model, doesn’t matter if it’s a Nord Lead 1,2,3&4 the G1 & G2, Korg Workstation, Roland Juno Series (back in the day), the myriad of DX based synths or Akai A Series Samplers etc…
And don’t get me started on the development rate of the iPad.
At some point you just have to make your peace with the gear you have and use it to the best of your ability.
The up side is your original hardware purchase will work as well as it ever has irrespective of what comes after it. Unlike software that no longer gets support, isn’t compatible with your current OS, doesn’t get 64 bit compatibility and kept redundant proof.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and have indeed felt burned.
So in 10 years from now my computer may well be different, and my DAW may be a totally new spec but the hardware I bought will still run via a decent mixer through a sound card and work as well as it ever has (if I look after the investment well).
Every cloud does indeed have a silver lining. :wink:

meh, imo there’s just a bit of tension pending the upcoming Elektron releases, hopefully it will ebb once everyone gets to play with their new or updated toys :slight_smile:

I’m not sure why A4 users are complaining so much… AK isn’t cheap… and with a midi keyboard connected to A4 you get 98% of the AK functionality (i tried it today)… i do understand the individual outs dilemna but that issue might also be blown out of proportion. i’m sure many of you have dealt fine without it so far, and it will almost become a non issue when using A4 as a 4 voice poly synth (most poly synths only come with a stereo output btw) AK is definitely the no compromise unit but A4 with the new free OS packs a mean punch at it’s price point…

Agreed!

[/quote]
Couldn’t have put it better myself.
That said, in all reality when you buy hardware you know at some point it generally gets superseded by another model, doesn’t matter if it’s a Nord Lead 1,2,3&4 the G1 & G2, Korg Workstation, Roland Juno Series (back in the day), the myriad of DX based synths or Akai A Series Samplers etc…
And don’t get me started on the development rate of the iPad.
At some point you jut have to make your peace with the gear you have and use it to the best of your ability.
The up side is your original hardware purchase will work as well as it ever has irrespective of what comes after it. Unlike software that no longer gets support, isn’t compatible with your current OS, doesn’t get 64 bit compatibility and kept redundant proof.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and have indeed felt burned.
So in 10 years from now my computer may well be different, and my DAW may be a totally new spec but the hardware I bought will still run via a decent mixer through a sound card and work as well as it ever has (if I look after the investment well).
Every cloud does indeed have a silver lining. :wink:[/quote]
:+1:

hey, you have had some bad luck there with your kit… really sorry to hear it… i have experienced many similar issues and i am interested in your ot headphone out problem. i posted a way to test the problem in the headphone crackling thread but no responses so i wonder if you have tried this method… because it fixed mine… i dont believe that re soldering the output jack is the issue. the problem is relating to the digital part of the machine as the noise produced is not analogue circuit distortion. it sounds very digital in nature… anyway good luck.

They replaced the entire logic board in the last “fix” came back regardless. Had to just go ahead and buy a mixer and run the main outs in so I could get a headphone feed.

i will add they offered to fix it again, but the OT is central to my rig and if i send it away I am shut down, which bums me out.

I dunno if was nefarious, maybe it has to do with the form factor too? Is there really room on the back of the analog4? I mean, if it was a choice between CV and DIN and 4 more outs, I’m happy with CV and DIN.

Maybe they would fit on the right side?

Elektron Analog Four - opened by [url=“http://www.flickr.com/people/psychlist1972/”]Psychlist1972, on Flickr

Also, I wonder if the 1850 is an introductory price? I mean, I paid 1149 (possibly under…) for the a4 which seems like a stupidly low price and a worthy price difference between the two. I could pick up a 2nd used a4, possibly that’s already been sent back to have the paint fixed, for not much more than the keys…

New, 1350 vs 1850? yeah I’d probably go with the keys even though my preference is for a smaller (or bigger) form factor. It’s stupid, but I’d feel like I was getting the better “value”.