Kind of feeling burned

everything should have individual outs, how else can u put 20 plug ins on it and smash all life and character out of it.?

No reason to feel burned. We all know how this stuff works. You buy something. Something better comes out in a little while for potentially less money and with better specs. It’s the way it is and should be expected whenever you buy anything.

Yep I also felt a bit disgruntled to begin with… but in my view the analog 4 remains one of the best value synths. Now that I’m getting polyphony and storage that I didn’t know about unlocked I’m doubly happy and looking forward to the update. Plenty of companies like NI for example would not do that without additional cost. The a4 isn’t about bass so I’m not bothered about the enhancements for the keys, I don’t need a big device with keyboard, so for me the only desirable thing the keys has is 4 stereo outs… yes it would be nice to have those but the limitation is interesting and I find myself using the a4 right now more for adding texture and layering to tunes in terms of extra beats and ambient space which I can add or remove as needed… often as a direct result they evolve in an unexpected way. Also I’m using it as a midi clock and machine control master and not even making use of the CV potential yet so it has good versatility. It compliments my setup very well and this will be even better with poly. I can also use it as a portable sketchboard with great onboard effects for tracks. I’m hearing many complaints on sites like synthopia about the keys being overpriced when measured next to something like a prophet 08. Anyway I definitely don’t feel the same way about the a4 and never heard such comments about price when the a4 was released. So all of this heals any hurt I might want to feel about not having 4 stereo outs

Real constructive Dionysiananarchy. Did I shake your fan-boy tree? I do not even record with a computer…but I would love to run a single voice from the A4 through a Sherman Filter Bank. Smart ass.

is like, what 700 more?

i would glady save that and add my own keys ,

the 2 outputs vs 4, not ideak for the a4, but i am not obsessed with mixing every sound a synth makes, it sounds great with 2, bit better with 4, if it matters go buy a 4, i would buy a bass station or other mono, then u get keys and a whole new voice,

Yeah $700 dollars more that a synth I saved up for. The total cost is $1,800. That might not be much for cool guys like you with snappy suggestions, but it is a lot for me.

Many valid points here, I’m more upset that the “Great Elektron Sequencer” of the A4 doesn’t sequence external gear. Individual outputs are always handy, I also get that companies need to improve and update products and charge more for those products.

But to be worried that some simple functions like midi sequencing will diminish sales is a dangerous game to play. How many people are looking to Cirklon or an Ipad/PC purchase instead of an electron unit just to do something as simple as sequence external gear.

I am sure the leaving out the MIDI was a economics thing. I can tell you honestly if the A4 sequenced just 4 channels of MIDI, I would see no use for the OT in my set up. The CV sequencing is a nice compromise though and I doubt the CV would have been included if they had included MIDI. It would have made the A4 to “all in one”.

[removing all your cuss words] I was thinking exactly this today ^^^ very true!

it would e great if everyone was nice,

i would never start a problem, but if someone is rude,i just like to take it up a notch, to ridiculosness, kinda to show how stupid it is,

besides its a forum, its not serious.[/quote]
I’m not pointing fingers, and I know, it’s only a forum, but it gets sooooo tedious scrolling through pager after page of bickering, just hoping that an interesting conversation about gear will come back to focus. It is tiresome.

As someone who owns neither the A4 or AK, the similarity doesn’t make it easy to decide either. I’m currently selling the only analog-ish poly, and keyboard, that I own (DW-8000) to help fund an Octatrack, so I’m in the market for a replacement next year. If the price on both the A4/AK were $300 less…my choice would still be hard, but I’d be more inclined to buy one of the Elektron offerings over the competition. I’m not much of a keys player (one reason I’m selling the Korg), but I’d like to play more than 4 voices for the cost. There is no way there might be more voices available in the AK, is there?

At the moment, I’m thinking the best idea is to buy a used A4 and a Novation Remote SL or something. Elektron should find some way to usefully differentiate between the machines with features that offer reasons to own both (poly chaining would be a good start…). I kind of think they would have done better having released the AK first, and the A4 as a more compact version.

Despite my indecision, and slight concerns over using so much gear from a single company, I still find myself interested in likely picking up an Elektron product for my analog needs. The question for Elektron is if they can offer me enough motivation to buy a new offering from them with so much similarity between products,

Well, this is a discussion forum.
Don’t post your opinion if you don’t want to hear other peoples opinions in response…it’s that simple. :slight_smile:
People are not obliged to agree with you.

And sir…sorry to bring you the news, but you are a complainer. :stuck_out_tongue:
Complaining isn’t forbidden but in my opinion (I have one too) you are pointing the wrong way. If you feel (felt) that the A4 is deficit with only a stereo out why did you buy it? Point towards yourself.
Obviously you regret the decision of buying the A4 and you would have rather wanted the AK spec. Sell the A4, get an AK…move on!

As said…the AK costs over 50% more than the A4 (with the current sale 66%!!!). In comparison: An Access Virus keys costs 32% more than the desktop version. The virus keys has 2 extra octaves so let’s assume 25% if the Virus Ti keys had a 3 octave keyboard. The other 27% Elektron is charging extra is obviously coming from somewhere else!
At the A4 retail price + 27% the A4 might have been too expensive to market compared to the amount of people that wanted seperate outs.

In my country the A4 + 27% would cost €1475 instead of €1160. To be honest that amount brings the price into a category where other interesting gear is getting within reach… €1475 is simply too expensive for what it is.

Just giving my opinion…as happens on a discussion forum. :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s the problem with building up a large amount of hype and then leaving people hanging(re the new machine, the delay in the AK specs, and the OS update release) - people really wanted to see the new machine so the let down is coming out as criticism.
I don’t feel burned at all and am happy with my A4 plus the upcoming new functionality. but I do think the AK is surprisingly pricey…but then I’m already happy with my existing setup.

Evidence of a lack of considered interpretation and of over reaction to some of the posts in here and to the Elektron news. Presumably this is a thing that just happens on forums. I’m sorry if I’ve got anyone’s back up, PM me if u wanna let me know I’ve done the same, and I have. I’m still on honeymoon with my A4 and I get easily bothered when people dis it. Enjoy it for what it is, a lot, don’t dis it for what it isn’t, very little. The best forum to ask about multi outs and midi seq is the support forum. Ask why not? or when? Then we can cut out the speculation, they probably won’t be able to say much, but that’s just speculation too.

does a certain somebody have two troll accounts here? dont bother responding because i will not be returning the favor.this is sad.lowercase sad.

I don’t feel at all burned that they released a new machine with more/better functionality. I’ve had my MD mkI since 2002 and a MnM mkI since 2006 or so. When the mkII’s, UW, or +Drive came out, I didn’t feel like my instruments were all of a sudden not up to par. I bought them knowing their limitations and feature set (as any one spending that sort of cash on should.)

I don’t get it when people feel personally victimized by the progress of technology. So a new model is out with some sexy new stuff. Personally, I’m going to be selling my A4 to upgrade to a AK, because the multiple outputs is pretty important to me with a predominantly hardware based studio. But I don’t regret having the A4 in my studio for the last year. It’s contributed quite a bit to my tracks in that time period. I’ve even used the FX on a send from my mixing desk for vocal verb/delay processing on folk and rock music that I’ve mixed.

The AK makes sense for me and my studio. If it doesn’t make sense for you, don’t buy it. The A4 is already a very serious and powerful bit of kit, with very few drawbacks considering the price (it was an absolute steal at the initial preorder price) that is getting a pretty huge functional upgrade for free. The difference in the"fine tuned bass response" and a stock A4 is more than likely quite subtle, obliviated when fitted into a mix with EQ and compression. If you love your A4, don’t let the new product diminish your love for it. It is still the synth you know and love, but it has even more stuff to be excited about now.

When the AK was announced, I guessed it would be between $1800-$2000, so I’m glad that the price is on the lower end of my expectations. Flexible, digitally controlled and recallable analog ain’t cheap, especially when paired with a keyboard and an amazing sequencer. The only thing left to make it perfect, in my mind, is a key tracking mode for the audio rate LFO’s making FM much better. Just my .02.

That would be sweet

Yeah, that’s the problem with building up a large amount of hype and then leaving people hanging(re the new machine, the delay in the AK specs, and the OS update release) - people really wanted to see the new machine so the let down is coming out as criticism.
I don’t feel burned at all and am happy with my A4 plus the upcoming new functionality. but I do think the AK is surprisingly pricey…but then I’m already happy with my existing setup.[/quote]
agree with all that…. I don’t feel burned either…. Id suggest maybe it was a bad choice of word? But Just because he chose to say he felt burned tho? I mean theres worse shit gets said and going on to really bother this much about that. LOL. I just found it a shame so many users wanted to jump down his throat.

All this I’m an elektron fanboy number 1 and nobody can say anything that slightly hints at getting more for my money or thinking out loud “i wish it had these features”…. Well why not? So what if your happy, wE NEED SUBJECTIVE OPINION IN THE WORLD. haha

Seriously If you want to get on your soap box and tell them do it, thats what were here for…. there not your friends, we can’t hurt there feelings, there a company making money from you….
The A4 should have more outputs yes in most peoples oppinions it seems butttttt yes we all new it before we bought A4. And the keyboard IS expensive if all you want is the extra outputs and its your only option.

EDIT - release the update already. PLEASE xxxx

"Damn that first page is a joke!! A real free for all where everyone wants to throw the boot in on one unarmed guy with an opinion. Some people here should learn how to back the fuck off when a points been made!! thoroughly already!! I’m sure the rest of you repeating the same thing over and over did nothing to change anyone’s mind. Seriously Close to bullying.

Kinda Puts me off posting anything. "

Yep elektron fanboys can be like that. Should have seen some of the abuse I got for saying I prefer my MPC1000 to the octatrack :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried to give my opinion on the matter with facts and off course my own opnion on the matter.

The way people choose to push their opinion is absurd and I don’t see why the forum needs to be this hostile the past couple of days just because people have a different opinion.

I mean come on…we are all adults here aren’t we? Or can we at least behave like we are…