Introducing Octatrack MKII

If a grown up is unable to read tech specs it means he/she is a dumbass and not being scammed lol

Not to mention you do not understand how manufacturing works.
The entire production line needs the upgrade. New parts don’t magically appear in the right places. That ain’t free lol.

1 Like

I totally agree.

Hopefully I didn’t offend anyone. I just needed to fight the feeling of buying more gear. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wise words, eloquently stated

1 Like

That sort of thing used to be considered an overhead. I guess such things don’t exist anymore.

And you can see that for corporations like Behringer that they go slashing prices like there is no tomorrow. Quality gets a major hit and DM12 is a great example if you read forums and see the images of bad QC.
Made in China of course. Not that it matters much these days but you do need substantial amounts to make shipping cost effective.
Elektron is one of the small guys. Their software and hardware is damn complicated yet nobody complains about minimoog D’s being $3500 which are dirt stupid compared to any elektron product.

1 Like

Just a couple weeks ago we were seeing threads complaining of poor QC for Digitakt. I feel like now I’m into a war of words for/against Elektron which wasn’t my intention, so I’ll end here. I love the Octatrack, I like Elektron. I can’t endorse the price tag on this machine.

Sure but as you can see they are handling it nice and people are getting their stuff fixed.
Lets see batch #2 (the real one and not the rushed one like the first) and we will see what happens.

And just to make it clear. My only point was the word scammed. You are not forced to give them your money. Nobody is scamming you in this case.

If force was involved, it would be theft rather than a scam.

lol I give up.

Personally what Elektron did, makes me very happy. Saved ma a TON of money and I’m getting what I wanted. :heartpulse: :3lektron:

2 Likes

more like solid heart attack trigger as far as i’m concerned. i see how this is cool in theory, but man, the hours i’ve lost…

2 Likes

It can feel like a bit of a FUNC+CUE sometimes, can’t it?

:wink:

7 Likes

I totally understand the disappointment expressed by some who were hoping for more than a facelift. We should always encourage Elektron to go above and beyond.
But for me, besides a few pedals, the OT is my only electronic instrument. And judging from the marketing blurb in the website, the OT remains focused as a performative tool. So, I’m really happy that the OT is finally receiving attention. I expect more bug fixes soon. :slight_smile: I’d love it if they managed to put more RAM in, but I’m cool with just the hardware upgrade and new buttons, especially relating to slicing and PMs :wink:
Spec wise it could be argued to be lacking in today’s market, but every time I gig with the OT, I think how ridiculously powerful and versatile this box is. It fits so well with how I want to present my musical work live; it’s never failed to make an impression on my audiences.

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rumor: Analog Rytm mk2 also coming

So… the internal hardware specs are the same as OT mk1 or slightly updated, but current OS doesn’t reflect that?

There are some pitfalls to survive.
on my first OT journeys this was happening to me accidentally
while jamming out. it is so easy to kill the vibe and especially if you are new to the ot you can easily get frustrated.

the manual is your best friend and don’t panic :vulcan:

was the first lesson i learned

Now i can FUNC+CUE all day :wink:

1 Like

I have FUNCed up a few times but yeah, part reload is a great performance feature… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just found out about this early today… because for some reason I clicked on Synthtopia which I hadn’t done in a couple of months. I then promptly returned my Octatrack MKI that I purchased about three weeks ago for a full refund. I hate returning things, and I told them why I was returning it and got a full refund…
…now I wait.

as Dataline said… more of an hardware update … i’m lucky with that

Not sure what you are talking about. What images? DM12 is solid (and an awesome synth btw), there are no major qc issues. Can’t say the same for recent Elektron products.

I might be interested to buy OT mk2, but I’m worried there will be same qc issues as with DT (jumpy encoders, sticky buttons, wrong buttons etc).