Introducing Digitakt

haha crap :sob:

There is no arpeggiator in Digitakt at present.

It does appear to have a “SCALE” per track parameter (also described as “time signature”), like the tempo multipliers on the OT. This is described in 10.9.2 of the manual, on page 32. Edit: I am wrong about this. It appears that the “SCALE” parameter is for the whole pattern, not the individual tracks.

3 Likes

I agree. This is very realistic and hopefully is Elektron’s plan… either when it ships or by updates over a short period of time.

From my Sweetwater sales guy:

“We received word from Elektron today that they are expected to be here within the first week or two of June. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”

I can wait but hope to see some good demo videos soon.

1 Like

Oh ffs! I’m gutted!

Yeah, some people make me shake my head too…

Elektron said the DT would have a pattern chain mode as a viable option to not having song mode.

I’m not asking for some revolutionary feature set. The ancient $99 Alesis SR-16 has song mode, and the capability to actually save songs.

Did you not see where Elektron stated this??

1 Like

Cool, nice to see that sequencer feature resurrected :slight_smile: Hopefully they can add it in to AK sequencer some point too :wink:

1 Like

hm I think it’s not like that… seems exactly the same as on A4/AR - scale per pattern, length per track.

1 Like

:confused:

Bummer :frowning:

So I shouldn’t be selling my OT to fund this just yet?

That sucks. i cant see why they didnt keep it in after OT.
Individual scale multipliers per track is HUGE for me n my workflow. i always run into issues without it n have to alter my melodies / chord progressions.

sad face dot ico

1 Like

US customer here confirming shipment notification received this morning. No ETA.

I agree now. I misread the text on page 32: it appears that the SCALE parameter applies only to the pattern, not the individual tracks.

3 Likes

cmon folks. Not a surprise at all… the OT has its own, complicated OS and idiosyncrasies… they started a new sequencer model with the A4, carried it over to AR, and now into DT.

5 Likes

Is the Digitakt worth $650 USD? What do you think the appropriate price should be, with what we know about it so far?

Id say 651.50. So you are saving 1.50.

6 Likes

:thinking:
who said it’s gonna have an arp…? per-track scaling wasn’t advertised either.

1 Like

Yeah was always strong likelihood it wouldn’t be there on DT after it not being in AK/AR. Shame tho if it’s an indication that it also won’t be there on anything resembling an OT2 or next big boxes or addled to AK etc. I use the different tempo per track all the time on OT. Ugh… I figured as this was first box in a while that sequenced external gear maybe they’d gather ALL previous sequencer functions for it as a kind of temporary flagship in that area that would lead in to it being staple on further boxes, but guess not :frowning:

1 Like

No one said they were advertised, they were just things mentioned in the ‘things OT has’ list that would have made sense to add. I don’t really understand Elektron’s thinking atm tho after DT. It’s like they’re scared of adding/combining their previous/existing great features and nailing it.

1 Like