Introducing Digitakt

I think they are going to make pattern chaining a bit more elaborate, like on the Pocket Operators…

Is this the end of a sentence or a response to my Q?

answer it says in the manual master is a mixer

well, it can’t even save a single chain? bye bye Digitakt, i am not a blind fan after all. Preorder cancelled and hope they will do sth in further update. :frowning:

Aww thanks bojomrum! May all your communications have clarity.

Bummer it doesn’t save chains after powering down. It should though and I hope its in an update.

Noob question: so it can save 64 step sequences but not a chain of of them, correct?

So it appears you cannot parameter lock individual parameters within the FX(delay, reverb). You can only p-lock the amount each effect is sent to a particular trig on the sequencer. This is a bummer as p-locking individual fx parameters on the monomachine is the coolest shit ever(with the slides). I could be wrong but thats how I read it.

Not saving pattern chains is strange too as is no compressor. Still really excited for this machine I think it will be great for coming up with unique ideas really quick and I also think its going to sound great. I think/hope they can add the other stuff with updates down the road. Bottom line if it inspires me to create music everyday I really don’t care what the specs/limitations are.

1 Like

Having a mixer page on the Machinedrum would be awesome!

Do love that jog wheel though, think Ima get some bright orange short short’s.

1 Like

With Elektron, you should never assume anything about features that are not there to begin with. They may add something new in future updates but they might just as well not. A4 never got the most requested and obvious missing feature (midi sequencing) for example.

So if you buy Digitakt, it’s best to buy it for the features that are included now, or you may end up feeling disappointed.

6 Likes

some people make me shake my head… how can you preorder a machine for features that nowhere got advertised and then be disappointed that those features are not implemented at release-time ?

You could try using the DT as it is and focus on all the creative potential it offers, but no you are just wining for things it doesn’t have.

1 Like

Aren’t we supposed to just figure things out once they’ve arrived, and not ask questions about features though?

1 Like

OR u could buy an OT :wink:

2 Likes

in my case, because eg: Cenk mentioned some kind of “advanced pattern chaining”, and they said it will be a perfect center hub for live too, but it turns out cant even save a single chain. i dont think this is “advanced” at all, i can understand the intention behind it but for me this is stupid.

3 Likes

Can anyone tell me if the audio in is only for sampling or can I have a synth module connected being sequenced and audio going thru the digitakt to the main out?

Ah yes the wise be weary but hoping in this circumstance doesn’t seem too risky.

Anything they make can’t be bad, but it could always be more.

I’m treating the DT simply as a more advanced microgranny, any additional features are bonus! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

i have an OT … I bought the DT for it’s better Midi Sequencer …

1 Like

The microgranny stuff is main appeal of DT for me too. Can’t afford/justify it right now tho so might just grab an MG and delude myself I’m not missing out :wink:

Is there mention of midi arpeggio in manual or sequencer tempo divsion/multiplier per track?

1 Like

SO got my e-mail tonight, shipped.

1 Like